PDA

View Full Version : finding a mini-bus Kathmandu-Pokhara

Lonely Janet
10th January 2008, 01:30 PM
Hi Folks:

Good day to all of you.....

I am planning to come to kathmandu on feb 1..Having only a short amount of time to walk, I would like to take a mini-bus to Pokhara early the next morning, Saturday, feb.2...Could anyone advise me how best to do this? Can I arrange this in less than one day like that? Better still, does anyone know how I could make a reservation for said bus trip now before I get there?

most grateful for your help.....

L J

Sharon
10th January 2008, 09:29 PM
I took a tourist bus back to Kathmandu. The hotel got the ticket for me only about $10. It left at 7:30 am.

James
11th January 2008, 02:57 AM
If you arrive in Kathmandu by mid-afternoon I bet you could make arrangements on arrival -though you might not want to risk not getting on the tourist bus. I don't know how far in advance the bus companies will issue tickets, but most trekking agents or guides in Kathmandu could make the arrangements a few days in advance.

If it were me, I opt to fly instead of the bus. It is a long ride and while the senic beauty is wonderful, the roads, buses and traffic leave much to be desired. Also, air transport is not usually impacted by bandhs. I took the bus to Pokhara, but gladly switched to the plane for the trip back.

csommer
11th January 2008, 12:24 PM
If your time is tight its a bit of a risk booking when you arrive, though it could still be possible. If you have booked a hotel you could email them and ask them to get a ticket for you in advance.

Failing which, a friend of mine runs a tour/trekking agency and he could probably organise a ticket for you too. You could email him at caleb_sherpa@yahoo.com.

Flipped through some business cards and I happen to have one for Vashali Travels and Tours too. You could email them on vaishalitvl@wlink.com.np.