PDA

View Full Version : Annapurna circuit trrek in 14 dayes?!

Naseem
10th October 2001, 11:47 PM
I am going to travel in Nepal for a month (November). I am planning to trek for about 14 days. Some body wrote to me that it is possible to trek the Annapurna circuit in 10-14 days, is it true? Which trek would you suggest for me for 14 days?
Is it possible to trek from Besi Sahar to Jomson, and fly back from Jomson to Pokhara?

Andrées
11th October 2001, 01:15 AM
If you see it just as an sportive event its possible, I have met people who did de circuit in 13 days. If you would like to understand, why so many people just love Nepal and have one of the greates experiences , dont do it. Running through the annapurna circuit would mean you pass by a lot of wonderful places and not meet understand the nepalees friendship. The people mentioned above, just came deadly tyred in the late evening into the lodge, just to start with bad mood the next early morning.
In fact they even didn´t know, if they had been in so wonderful villages like marpha!
With 14 days trekking, I would fly to jomson, spent some days around Kagbeni, Jharkot, Muktinath and Dzong, and go back by Gorepani/Poon Hill. If you still have 2 days left, go from Gorepani by Tadapani to Gandrung and visit the old village there.
Snowland loge is part of Nicks project and is perched just above the old center. So you would see a lot instead af just the tips of your running feets and have the time to enjoy the friendly nepaleese, wonderfull dirty children and time to play with, georgious cakes and pies and last but not least a whole day in the hot springs of tatopani. You can have a look to some pictures of al these places at my page www.nepal-dia.de.
Have a good trek Andrées