PDA

View Full Version : annapurna circuit

freespirit
1st February 2007, 12:11 AM
Hello all,

I will be doing AC ... but will like to include annapurna base camp + nayapul + kagbeni + dhaulagin above larjang (to see ice peaks). I know this will be mean having to do the trek in a total of 26 days or so. am i insane or too ambitious to want to cover so many places given i haven't trekked before.

If i'm not wrong, most people do AC that includes nayapul without annapurna base camp and without kagbeni + dhaulagin. is that correct?

any other proposed routes?

thanks!

cheers,
freespirit

Oli
1st February 2007, 02:59 AM
Not insane. AC+ABC is (possibly) the best trek in the world, and even better for a visit to Kagbeni & and a (one day) side trek up to the Dhaulagiri icefall. Just allow yourself enough time. 26 days might be enough but allow more and you are less likely to have to skip the ABC bit due to delays etc. The longer you have the more sure you can be that you have time to visit all the places you'd like.

Nayapul is nothing special, if you exit the trail at another place (Dhampus?) then you won't have missed too much.

FWIW - I did AC+ABC in 30 days, missed out on Kagbeni and the icefall above Larjung, but we had more than enough rest days in other places. You could surely do it quicker, or (my recommendation) slower - the choice is yours.