PDA

View Full Version : EBC and Poon Hill

Andrew
30th November 2006, 08:14 PM
Hi everybody:

Here are the pictures and short trip reports from my Nepal trip in October 2006.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/my_trips/

I separated them on a day by day basis.

Thanks to all of you who contribute on this board. I was an avid reader and lurker of this board for the last 2 years soaking in as much info as I could and hope to give back a little bit with these pictures.

Andrew

Spaceman347
1st December 2006, 03:44 AM
Great photos Andrew, thanks

Were you shooting film or digital? You've managed to capture some really nice colour in your shots.

Andrew
1st December 2006, 05:01 AM
Thanks, Spaceman. All pictures are digital. I have a Pentax 1st DL with 2 lenses, a 20-55 mm and a 50-200 mm zoom. Some pictures were made with my sons small digital Sony pocket camera (which I took without his knowledge) but at least 98% of the pictures were with the Pentax.

Cosmo
1st December 2006, 11:33 AM
Great photos Andrew.
Loved all the different shots that so interesting for those of us still in the planning stage,
Your shots definitely add interest to the imagination. eg. loved the baggage counter at KTM airport,the shot of poon hill from a distance and your room in Ghorepani. Must admit I was suprised at the bathroom photo - bit more upmarket then I am expecting! and with plumbing! (Im sure this must have been a one off?!)
I especially loved the photo of Bhaktapur Pottery Square full of wheat
Looks like you lucked out with perfect weather. We're now on a countdown to departure... 58 days. I may just have to continue on with your next 400 photos to get me thru the days - thanks again