PDA

View Full Version : just another doubt about flight lukla-ktm (a real faq)


thranduil
9th November 2006, 10:47 PM
in march are long delays likely?

I'm planning to fly up on march 5th and fly down do ktm on march 18th, this gives me just two days in ktm before leaving to italy on march 20th.

wouldn't it be better to leave ktm on, say, march 23th just in order to have some "free" days more?

experienced trekkers welcome:D

Sharon
10th November 2006, 12:08 AM
Bad weather would cause the delays. Typically with so many airlines flying out of Lukla the back log gets cleaned up quite quickly in the event of poor weather. There are many fabulous sites in the Kathmandu valley. It would be shame to cut your trip short as it is a large undertaking to get the time off for many people. I have been to Nepal 5 times but I still vist many of the sites- Monkey temple, Bodnath etc on each visit.

yakshaver
11th November 2006, 02:15 AM
in march are long delays likely?

I'm planning to fly up on march 5th and fly down do ktm on march 18th, this gives me just two days in ktm before leaving to italy on march 20th.

wouldn't it be better to leave ktm on, say, march 23th just in order to have some "free" days more?

experienced trekkers welcome:D

Yes, it would be good to have some extra days, for rest days, or if the weathter in Lukla or KTM make you wait for flights.

I agree with Sharon in terms of visiting stuff in the KTM Valley, there are many interesting areas, as Sharon mentions. Baktapur for me is a hightlight despite having to pay about 10 US dollars or so... A must.