PDA

View Full Version : Annapurna Circuit TAX by Maoisist

catmandu
9th October 2006, 04:16 AM
hi jus wanting to knw if anyone had lately trekked around annapurna and how much tax u've to pay for maoist??

yakshaver
9th October 2006, 07:08 AM
hi jus wanting to knw if anyone had lately trekked around annapurna and how much tax u've to pay for maoisist??

Did the greater part of the AC twice in the last year (December 05, and July 06) and did not encounter the commerades...Ddon't know why, they seem to avoid me. Never met them in my seven treks over the last 10 years.

However most everyone else I met on trail has had to pay. They seem to charge about 100 rupees for the trekking day. So if you tell them you trek to Jomsom and then fly out (even if you wish to continue on...), that's about 10 days of trekking for you pay, assuming you start at Besisahar or Kundi. About 1000 rupees. This was the report of trekkers I met in Manang, on both my treks.

Usually they are set up to check&charge around Bahundanda.

Boulia
9th October 2006, 08:30 AM
I did not meet them in April 06 but those I spoke to confirmed 100 per day for the whole AC and 1200 for the ABC. In anticipation my guide and i often rewrote a revised 'shorter' trek itinerary to show we had not been out for so long especially after we crossed Throng La and went down to ABC given the numerous options for treks .....just something my guiide had used a few times to reduce the fee.

catmandu
9th October 2006, 08:37 PM
thank u for yr response, as i'm new to this so jus want to be prepared