PDA

View Full Version : Annapurna or Everest Region?

wanderlust
9th September 2006, 11:14 AM
I've trekked parts of the Annapurna circuit a couple of times but I've never done the whole thing.

Now I'm wondering whether to go the the Everest Region or do the whole Annapurna circuit. I'll probably be there in early November.

I really enjoy staying in the villages around Annapurna and I'm wondering if the villages in the Everest region are as nice and as plentiful - seem to remember reading somewhere that they're not as interesting. The scenery - how does it compare?

So... comments from those people who've trekked both areas will be appreciated :)

Harry
10th September 2006, 05:40 AM
I've trekked parts of the Annapurna circuit a couple of times but I've never done the whole thing.

Now I'm wondering whether to go the the Everest Region or do the whole Annapurna circuit. I'll probably be there in early November.

I really enjoy staying in the villages around Annapurna and I'm wondering if the villages in the Everest region are as nice and as plentiful - seem to remember reading somewhere that they're not as interesting. The scenery - how does it compare?

So... comments from those people who've trekked both areas will be appreciated :)

Both area offer a lot, Annapurna round with the changing view day by day, but mountains more on the back ground. Everest, more build to please the trekkers and mountains high above you, but still you can enjoy some of the villages like Thamo,Thame, Khumjung, Pangboche. The landlife is less than you can expect in the lower parts of Annapurna. It's hard to compare, I like both.
Doesn't help you a lot I think, you have to find out yourself.
Have a nice time in Nepal.

thesilvertops
10th September 2006, 10:55 PM
If you've been to Annapurna twice then the answer is go to Everest region. You are much more in the mountains as opposed to walking round the outside. Or you can go to Annapurna Base Camp if you've not been there but my choice would be Everest. Mind you, it will be busy with groups and TAAN approved trekkers and their guides and porters.

thesilvertops

Oli
11th September 2006, 03:58 AM
I have to agree with Harry and thesilvertops, good advice there. So go to the Khumbu; Thame and Chukkhung are nice alternatives to the main EBC drag, just be sure to visit Gokyo.

yakshaver
13th September 2006, 06:05 AM
I can only add my voice to Oli, silvertops and Harry in order to convnice you, if indeed this is neede. I would go to Khumbu/Everest this time around. See Gokyo as Oli says.

After this, since you seem to be a "repeat offender", you will have time to do the whole AC again (maybe with ABC thrown in for good measure). The whole of the AC is amazing and worth doing, but go to Khumbu this time around.