PDA

View Full Version : trekking in October

redders
16th August 2006, 12:28 AM
Hi Folks
My wife and I intend trekking the Annapurna Circuit in October ,my only worry about this is not the altitude problems but whether will be able to get accomodation in the lodges ,will we have to stop trekking at noon to be sure of a place to sleep or am I worrying about a problem which does not exist any advice on getting lodge rooms in October will be welcome
Cheers Mike

Harry
16th August 2006, 04:41 AM
Hi Mike,

There will be no problem to get a lodge until Manang. If there are many people on the trek, you might get some problems on high camp, but you will find out before. If the pass is blocked because of heavy snowfall like last year.....you just have to wait and see or turn back. If you are going with a guide or porter, he can run ahead of you and fix the room. After the pass no problem to get any kind of accomandation.
Have fun,

Harry

richmac
17th August 2006, 07:47 PM
Harry,

Is using your tent on/off the trail a bad thing? If accomodations are not available - is using a tent bad juju?

Rich

Harry
17th August 2006, 09:21 PM
Harry,

Is using your tent on/off the trail a bad thing? If accomodations are not available - is using a tent bad juju?

Rich

Can be nice when you love to cold and coocking yourselve, but don't see why you should take one,there are plenty accomodations and it isn't that busy that they send you down or back to the next village.

Harry