PDA

View Full Version : Another Korean Death In Trekking !!

Rishi
3rd June 2006, 10:42 AM
Sad News!!!!
June 2nd Another Korean guy alone trekkers death in Jhinu dada has been fallen down Annapurna reason .he was 24 years old and issue permit single his passport nom is XQ0169647 .
Please Do not trek alone!
Warm Regards
Rishi Pd Nepal
Marketing Director.

hoot72
3rd June 2006, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Rishi]Sad News!!!!
June 2nd Another Korean guy alone trekkers death in Jhinu dada has been fallen down Annapurna reason .he was 24 years old and issue permit single his passport nom is Xxxxxxxxxx .
Please Do not trek alone!
Warm Regards
Rishi Pd Nepal
Marketing Director.

So what if he is 24 years old? Why are you passing out his passport number on the net? Thats illegal.

Rishi
3rd June 2006, 02:12 PM
you can see more detels in kantipur newspaper so all print out passport number if they are doing mistake ....me just person...please mail for kantipur Nerws paper for that.

yakshaver
3rd June 2006, 08:59 PM
Yes, that was published in the newspaper. Apparently it is not illegal to publish passport numbers in Nepal. Is this the case elsewhere? I mean, confidentiality laws or stuff like that... It may well be the case, I don't know.

Sharon
4th June 2006, 03:15 AM
Well I would expect it would be iilegal, makes it pretty easy to forge documents when you have a legitimate number from a document.
Very sad and it is to be remembered that you should never trek or hike alone antwhere in the world. (Just as I was planning a day hike by myself tomorrow) Timely reminder...

hoot72
4th June 2006, 11:28 AM
hmm....I think its a lack of ethics or perhaps a lack of understanding of ethics when publishing passport numbers in the newspapers by journalists...

oh well...things will improve in time i think..

yakshaver
4th June 2006, 04:53 PM
Hence the numbers have been deleted on this site. However the laws are obviously different in Nepal...

hoot72
5th June 2006, 11:25 AM
Hence the numbers have been deleted on this site. However the laws are obviously different in Nepal...

thanks Yakshaver....:)