PDA

View Full Version : Guide Recommendation to Nepal

trekking2006
29th May 2006, 09:58 AM
My wife and I and a friend have had an excellent trek from Jiri to Namche, Gokyo, over the Cho La to Everest Base camp and back to Lukla. I wanted to post an endorsement for our guide Krishna Adhikari but the email address for Fergal that you have to use to do this does not seem to be workibg at the moment so I thought I would post here instead until that problem is sorted out. Krishna and the two porters he organised were excellent throughout - from meeting us the airport to delivering us back there at the end. Apart from all the basic things like routefinding, organising food and accommodation and adjusting the day stages to suit our fitness etc he also provided plenty of information and laughs along the way. There was never a dull moment. Considering that he is in his mid twenties and we were aged from 58 to 71 we got along amazingly well. He was also very responsive to our needs when my wife was ill for a couple of days which coincided with the Cho La crossing. All the food and accommodation was first rate and I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone planning a trip. I know from talking to him that he is just as familiar with the Annapurna region as around Everest and we have discussed with him the possibility of a Kenchenjunga trek in a couple of years time. As he works as an independent guide his rates are also very competitive. We opted for an all inclusive package but he is equally happy to provide a guide only or guide plus porters service

He can be contacted by email at mountainguide2005@yahoo.com or treknepal2u@yahoo.com. Give him a try.

Pessonzom
2nd August 2006, 07:10 PM
Too early...