PDA

View Full Version : Plane Tickets to Khatmandu Help Quick!

Synaethesia
25th May 2006, 02:46 PM
I am curious how everyone got their plane tickets to Khatmandu. I just got a ticket to Delhi and was going to arrange it from there but I have no idea how. The ticket I want is through Indian Airlines but their website is really confusing and I think that they only offer tickets for national flights. There is no information about getting to Khatmandu anywhere alkdjflkjalsk;fjlajaldj
Help! I leave soon.
________
volcano digital (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

hoot72
25th May 2006, 05:23 PM
Forget the Air India website. It sucks...

Most of us from the states fly into Kathmandu thru Bangkok on Thai Airways..they have special packages which includes a stop over in bangkok enroute to Kathmandu.

Alternatively, you can fly into Kathmandu on one of the middle eastern airlines (qatar flies there 2 or 3 times a week if im not mistaken)..

There is also royal nepal airlines which is slightly cheaper than thai but i would not recommend this unless you dont mind possible delays and you dont mind running around kathmandu looking for their ticketing office to reconfirm your ticket..

why are you going via delhi, if you dont mind me asking??

you must be heading there i presume..

yakshaver
25th May 2006, 08:09 PM
Agree with hoot72. Unless you have special business to go via Dehli, why go through there?
You need to go through Bangkok with Thai. They fly daily to/from KTM and are very reliable. Easy to book too.

Lisa
25th May 2006, 09:17 PM
Dont worry. There are air sahara that flies to kathmandu daily from delhi.

http://www.airsahara.net/s2v1/

hoot72
25th May 2006, 10:38 PM
Dont worry. There are air sahara that flies to kathmandu daily from delhi.

http://www.airsahara.net/s2v1/

forgot about em..:)

Lisa to the rescueeeeeeeeeeeeee

Synaethesia
26th May 2006, 01:40 AM
Well before I knew much about Nepal or what I wanted to do there, I was going to take a different trip that was pre-planned that went through India/Nepal/Tibet and it started in Delhi and because of the geographic proximity I figured it was a good idea. After doing a lot of reading I realize that it's not a very good option, but as I have already purchased my tickets, it's my only option I guess. I am also going to Agra to see the Taj so that is a little plus for the India route. Thanks for the replies. That air sahara website is down at the moment. I'm not freaking out yet, but I really need a flight.
________
CHF50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CHF50)

yakshaver
26th May 2006, 04:49 AM
Indeed Air Sahara flies I think, from more than one place in India, to KTM. The other one I know about was Indian Airlines.

Have you tried a travel agent in Dehli? A good travel agent will sort this out for you easily. I have used travel agents in BGK like this, doing the deal over email and internet. Of course you go for what looks like a good website, or maybe someone can recommend one...

hoot72
26th May 2006, 06:53 AM
Yea, Yakshaver is right..tons of travel agents in delhi but you can always call the Air Sahara people when you touch down in delhi and get ticket prices etc sorted out...

Dont worry m8...:)

Enjoy India...I am sure it will be an experince..

critter2722
11th June 2006, 04:56 AM
Don't know if this will help but I too am heading to Kathmandu via Delhi. I wanted to see the Taj Mahal and I figured it was easier to get to Kathmandu from there anyway. I am from the eastern US and Continental has a direct to Delhi (the second reason I choose delhi) from Newark. I used Jet Airways. You could not book the flight online but it was just as easy to call their 800# and book the flight on the phone. I would've liked to go thru China but the flights were more expensive and had more connections. Everyone is right about the Indian Airways.

best,

critter

Weka
12th June 2006, 12:41 AM
Having just done this, I would say that you go to Delhi only to remind yourself how fortunate you really are. I've found Jet Air to be by far the best airline in India and one of the best in the region - especially if you like Indian food. They get you in to Kathmandu around 1:15pm from memory.

hoot72
12th June 2006, 08:26 AM
India airlines is going thru a major overhaul of its entire network and services..hopefully, this will see an improvement of their online services as well but i think as they are not a budget airline, and neither are most of the big airlines, you still get better deals from travel agents rather than from the airlines themselves, be it online or from the sales offices..you really do need to do your homework and compare prices...

Big airlines do, from time to time have special packages..