PDA

View Full Version : Hillary appeals.......

alok
5th May 2006, 01:31 PM
Sir Edmund Hillary today urged tourists to make plans to travel to Nepal, assuring the potential visitors of a sound political

climate in the country. The situation in the country, according to him, has “vastly improved” and the Everest region has been

untouched by any of the nation’s recent problems.
“Things have really changed and are going well. Tourists can decide to return to Nepal which is such a beautiful country

where they can really enjoy themselves,” said Hillary, the first to conquer the world’s highest peak with Tenzing Norgay

Sherpa.
“I flew by helicopter up to the Everest area yesterday and there was Everest towering up. I was a little bit surprised that I had

climbed it,” he said.
Alok
Trekking guide [aloksun4u@hotmail.com]

yakshaver
6th May 2006, 03:56 AM
Sorry, I did not mean to be facetious with my question. I mean, when he made this most recent declaration you are quoting...

I have the autmost respect for the man, I don't know where to begin. He's the most unassuming hero, and his deeds and attiude following his conquest of Everest with Tenzing in 1953 - make Everest look like a small mole hill, a mere incident in Hillary's life, but perhaps the start which spurred him to really great things. The greateness of Edmund Hillary emerged in the decades following "Everest". Long may he continue to be among us.

alok
9th May 2006, 05:34 PM
Well,Sir Edmund Hillary still in Nepal and this is his current interview to local media.
Alok

yakshaver
9th May 2006, 06:38 PM
thanks Alok. I guess age does not allow him to go much higher than Namche these days...