PDA

View Full Version : rabies vaccination

j2dudette
20th March 2006, 01:29 PM
Hi. My boyfriend & i will be doing Jiri to EBC this April. We're abit unsure about the situation with rabies. The jabs cost 95pounds each! We're just wondering what the general practice is......to jab or not to jab :confused:

Any advice would be super!!

julz

yakshaver
20th March 2006, 05:05 PM
Most people don't do rabies vaccinations. While dogs and other animals do carry the rabies virus in Nepal, they are not overly aggressive on the well beaten trail that you'll travel. Just have trekking poles (they are helpful with more than just redistributing body weight and balance...) and don't get too close to dogs on trail. My son has the habit of picking up pupies on trek... Can't seem to convince him otherwise. But I would not get too close to adult dogs. Same holds true for the many monkeys at Swambunath (the monkey temple in Kathmandu). Personally I would not go through the pain and cost of vaccinations for rabies.

ron bakker
21st March 2006, 02:26 PM
In holland you can have a 'small' vaccination, so they divide the total amount of vaccin for more people. Because you only need a small amount to be safe, its a cheaper way.

Hi. My boyfriend & i will be doing Jiri to EBC this April. We're abit unsure about the situation with rabies. The jabs cost 95pounds each! We're just wondering what the general practice is......to jab or not to jab :confused:

Any advice would be super!!

julz

Rishi
21st March 2006, 03:34 PM
Hello from Nepal,
Do not worry about Rebies in Nepal its flue some time not non of Any tourist get those in Nepal.please be confedent for that.
Warm Regards
Rishi Pd Nepal
www.encountersnepal.com

j2dudette
21st March 2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks everyone! Very much appreciated! ;)