PDA

View Full Version : Visa info please

andyhag
24th January 2006, 03:19 PM
Hi

We are going to Nepal in March for a month,whilst we are there we want to take a sort trip to Tibet. Do I need a multi entry visa for Nepal? Any other info would be great. Visas for Tibet?

Cheers

Andy.

kolobar
25th January 2006, 10:12 PM
When you enter Nepal (via international airport i.e. TIA or land border crossing) you will get 60 days single entry visa for 30 usd. Multi entry visa would cost you 80 usd.
If you have single entry visa it will expire when you leave Nepal for Tibet. You have to get another nepali visa which will be issued at the border. It will cost 30 usd for 30 days. So just for a trip to Tibet it is cheaper to go for 2 single visas. And in case you spend 15 days in Nepal before you leave the country for Tibet you will get another 30 days single entry visa at the border on your return to Nepal gratis.
In 2005 you could travel to Tibet from Nepal only on group visas issued by Chinese Embassy in KTM which also cancelled individual visas issued in other coutries when they issued group visa. You have to apply for group visa via nepali agent who organizes (or "organizes") your Tibet tour. The easiest and cheapest way is to join a budget tour which you book in one of many agencies in KTM. The budget tour will take you to Lhasa in 5 days and the rest of your trip to Tibet (and back) you can arrange by yourself. You can leave the group since your group visa is issued with your name only so you can return to Nepal on your own.

cmlama
26th January 2006, 09:51 AM
Namaste! From Kathmandu.

I have done tour and trekking all over Tibet as a guide from Nepal. Of course, you will need re-entery visa for the Nepal that is possible to issue at immiagration office border of Tibet and Nepal.

Kolobar is writing details information about visa. I am agreeing with him/her.

If you need 7 nights/8days Tibet/Lhasa tour(central tour) group joining basis price and fixed depature information, please contact at email: trekinfo@gmail.com I can supply informatuion for the tourists of Nepal as soon as.

Cheers,
Cmlama

ac_milan
16th February 2006, 01:37 PM
Dear Andy!
This is milan from Nepal.I knew that you have had information about your interested question Yes you Need Re-Entry visa for Nepal And you will have visa for tibet for that you should go through the trekking or travel company in Nepal I am trekking guide in nepal and visited alredy in tibet too.I don,t know you have booked or not for your tibet tours in Nepal,s trekking or travel company.So if would like or need some outsdanding information or intinerary please see it in below.
Suggested Itinerary:

Day 01: (Sat) Kathmandu (1300m) to Zhangmu (2500m) / Nyalam (3750m) – 123 / 156km
Early morning scenic drive to Kodari (Nepal-Tibet border) through the beautiful Nepalese countryside and after necessary border formalities both at Nepalese and Chinese immigration, continue drive and transfer to hotel. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day 02: (Sun) Zhangmu/Nyalam to Xegar (4050) - 244km/200km
Day drive uphill to the highest plateau of the world with typical views of Tibetan landscape offering sheer feeling of standing on ‘the Roof of the World’ crossing over Nyalam Pass (4800m) and Lalung~La (5050m), weather permitting breathtaking panorama of beautiful Himalayan ranges including Mt. Everest (8848m) and Mt. Xishapagma (8012m) but dwarfed by the vastness of the Tibetan plateau. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day 03: (Mon) Xegar to Xigatse (3900m) - 244km
Continue scenic drive crossing over Gyatchu~La (5220m), the highest pass en route to Lhasa via Lhatse from where a road to Mt. Kailash bifurcates to the western Tibet. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day 04: (Tue) Xigatse to Gyantse (3950m) - 90km
Guided sightseeing tour to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilhunpo Monastery in the morning. Drive to Gyantse in the afternoon and visit the Kumbum Stupa and Phalkor Monastery. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day 05: (Wed) Gyantse to Lhasa (3650m) - 261km
Drive for almost full day crossing over picturesque Karo~La (5010m), Kamba~La (4794m) and colorful Yamdrok Lake. Continue drive along the Tibetan lifeline Bhramaputra River (Yarlung Tsangpo) to Lhasa. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day 06-07: (Thurs-Fri) In Lhasa
Guided sightseeing tour for two full days in Lhasa including Jokhang temple, Barkhor bazaar, Potala palace, Drepung and Sera Monasteries. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day 08: (Sat) Lhasa to Kathmandu
Transfer to Gonggar airport and fly back to Kathmandu.

I am workking in this trekking comapny Encountersnepal.com in thamel kathmandu Nepal as guide so if you Need to cantact me in this company please see my company web site www.encountersnepal.com or mail me my private mail add is milan.trekkingguide@gmail.com
milan_adhikari@hotmail.com
milansoul_dearms@yahoo.com