PDA

View Full Version : cycling in february

TOM.OBR
24th January 2006, 02:16 PM
i and my girlfriend coming to nepal 03/02/06. just before the election. around 4/02 we'd like to cycle to chitwan. coming back around 12/02, some treking in annapurna afterwards. what do you think about cycling from kathmandu to chitwan(we mean safety situation during election)? we sent an email to our nepalese friend. i will write his opinions about a traveling in this time asap.

Nick Nepal
26th January 2006, 09:25 PM
I obviously have nothing better to do than keep replying to questions on this web site..sad life aye!! it's alright it does not last long!!.
It is easy to say there is no problem..whilst security is tighter I do not think you will get any problems through police checks to Mugling and on a bit..although as you approach Chitwan they may be more detailed. Chitwan is quite active with what is going on nowadays..a lot easier in a tourist bus..think about three days to Pokhara on self propelled two wheels.. as an alternative.. perhaps four days back. Having said that why not go for it!.? whatever you choose it is down one way and up the other.

hope this helps.

TOM.OBR
9th February 2006, 07:12 PM
cycling was beautiful during bandh. everyone smiling, no cars!!! the way via daman is awesome, ecpecially 60km downhill to hetauda

yakshaver
10th February 2006, 04:49 AM
Good on you Tom. Give us more details, and send us some pics.