PDA

View Full Version : flights to kmd in october

redders
24th January 2006, 03:53 AM
Hi All
Im hoping to go to Kathmandu in October 2006 .Should I be looking to book flights now or should I wait until nearer the departure date to get the best prices .I m worried about leaving it too late and being unable to get a flight or am I worrying unduly .Any advice wold be welcome .The best price I have so far is 670 english pounds ,from United Kingdom
Cheers Mike

Oli
24th January 2006, 04:20 AM
Well, prices do fluctuate, probably cheapest fuher in advance. I bought my UK/KTM flights for this spring last November for closer to 500, but I'm now the wrong side of a change in circumstances and anxiously watching the news...

Nick Nepal
26th January 2006, 08:11 PM
If you are flying from England Bangladesh Biman or Pakistan International.Bangladesh do not have(or did not) have their own office.. Jumbu Travels are the best agents in London near Leicester square (find the tel number) Bristol office is best for Pakistan for prices. Might save some money on 500..not sure nowadays but worth a try.

Trek well.

Nick Nepal
26th January 2006, 08:52 PM
Jumbo by the way never could type!

julia
7th February 2006, 05:13 PM
have you looked on cheapflights.co.uk? they often come up with some cheap deals, not sure if the booking in advance is cheaper or not..

i have noticed the prices have dropped by about 100.00 with a lot of the airlines if anyone wants to go now!

hoot72
28th February 2006, 09:28 PM
If you are flying from thailand, check with Thai Airways ahead of time as they do have special but limited seats priced below the market price...do not buy Thai tickets online...they cost a bomb and are full price!

Your best bet is to get them at travel agents in bangkok..

Another thing, if you think you are being smart saving 200-300 bucks by flying royal nepal, then think again....they have 3 aircraft and if their only aircraft in kath breaks down, u will be stuck in Bkk or vise versa..

Stick with thai if ur flying in from bkk...its not worth the hassles....