PDA

View Full Version : Need Trekking Companion Feb.15th - Mar. 15th

Brian
23rd January 2006, 12:45 PM
Hey There

I am planning on arriving in Nepal on Feb. 15th and will need to leave on March 15th. I want to do an amazing trek, either The Everest Base Camp Trek, or one in the Annapurna. I am open to other ideas as well. I am 26 years old, American, musician, good down to earth guy. Let me know if any of this fits your schedule. It would be nice to get a few people in on this. Be well.

ecotrek
25th January 2006, 11:20 PM
hello and namaste,
Thank you for making intrest to visit and make trek in Nepal. You can write on ecotrek@mos.com.np to get detail information about trekking in Nepal. Thanks NET

freddy
3rd February 2006, 04:48 PM
Hey Brian, my name is Freddy, I'm in Thailand right now, but arriving Katmandu on the 8th of Feb. Also want to experience a phenomenal trek. Have looked at both the Annapurri and Everest Treks and am down for either. I will probably go on a short trek close to Kat. prior to the 15th, but back on or just before that day. Would be great to trek with someone. I'm pretty laid back also, born in Sweden live in Long Island, NY, 30 Years old.
Let me know what's up
Cheers
Freddy

strek
4th February 2006, 12:45 PM
My name is SAM and im from the cold and wet England!
Im in Pokhara for 3months, teaching on and off at local school here. Ive been here for 1week. Here on my own so definatly looking for hiking companions, it is fairly quiet for us westeners cause of the situation here in Nepal at mo ( good luck arriving on that date Freddy, should be ok but the elections are on so prob a little crazy!).
Pokhara is very laid back and beautiful, you can get a bus or plane from Kap.
Im staying at a hostel called the Butterfly Lodge, very nice and friendly. tel.522892.
Need any advice you are welcome to email.
Im 26 and learning to be a teacher back in England. Also very relaxed!!
hope to hear soon.
SAM

freddy
5th February 2006, 08:13 AM
Hey Sam, yeah landing on the 8th wasn't planned, it was available and only later did I realize the significance, oh well, it'll be something new that's for sure. If things are really dodgy I may just fly to Pokhara since you say it's quiet there. Do you know the weather conditions in the Annapuri? any snow?. Also can you recommend a good budget-medium budget hotel in Kat.
Looking forward to some hiking.
Freddy

atreks
5th February 2006, 09:11 AM
Namaste & Greetings from Nepal!

My Name is B.B. Bhandari and I am the proprietor of NEPAL ADVENTURE POINT. I have been in this line of business for the past 14 years. Nepal Adventure Point located is in hubbub of Thamel, Kathmandu. The company registered with the Government and different travel associations Namely Trekking Agent Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), & Himalayan Rescue Association (HRA).

Our agency handles tours in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and India. We offer very reasonable attractive package tour. The customer’s comfort and satisfaction is our motto.

We really hope your pleasant holiday with us to be a memorable one. We assure you to have a unique glimpse of a real untouched paradise.

For further information please contact at:

B.B. BHANDARI

Nepal Adventure Point (P.) Ltd.
G.P.O.Box: 19988 (Satghumti) Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel: 00977 - 1 - 4 - 701738, Fax: 00977 - 1- 4 - 700106
E-mail: nap@wlink.com.np, atreks@wlink.com.np
Website: www.nepaladventurepoint.com.np, www.nepaladventurepoint.de

strek
5th February 2006, 09:48 AM
Spoke to some guys that have just done the circuit, they said weather was fine, just a little cold at night! The treking is very easy here, dont need guides, everything is very straight forward with places to stay overnight all over the area.
get Lonely Planet guide to Nepal, it is a lifesaver out here and should help u find a good hostel in Kat- u may have to get one near airport due to the elections. Kap was far to busy and populated for me, it is the same as any capital city, but u may like it.The situation will be a bit crazy, but interesting though!!
remember to go for around one third of and price offered to you such as Taxis and products- I know it is not much money to us but they can get quite greedy when seeing westerners presuming we are all millionaires!
There is a strike on in Pokhara at mo so no taxis or buses anywhere, very very quite.This should be over by the time you come out.
SAM

Bhanu Adhikari
9th February 2006, 10:35 AM
Hi
Iam trekking guide and i am working to Encounters Nepal.my name is Bhanu adhikari,and i don't say this is the best.But before go to any company you should Know about what is benifet to go trekking from that company.
thats way i requst to you should visit to this website:
www.encounters Nepal.com
or Bhanu_adhikari@hotmail.com
napali_009@yahoo.com
snownam@gmail.com
And
Why did we select the name 'Encounters Nepal'?

An Encounter is an unexpected meeting with someone or something and we want you to Encounter
** Real adventures - Mt. Everest - On Top of The World
** Nepal's most sacred mountain Machhapuchhre 'The Fishtail'
** Popular and Wild Trekking Tours
** Raging River Rafting
** Elephant Safaris to see the One-horned Rhino and The Royal Bengal Tiger
in Nepal's flat wetlands (Terai)
** UNESCO listed World Heritage Sites (7 alone in the Kathmandu Valley!)
** Sacred Temples and Monasteries: Pashupatinath | Swoyambhunath | Boudhanath
Lord Buddha's birthplace-Lumbini
** Kathmandu's Durbar Square (home of the living Kumari Goddess)
and Patan and Bhaktapur's Durbar Squares
** The Gateway to Tibet and Bhutan

All these marvels can be Encountered in 'Nepal'. Our highly experienced and skilled team of professionals encourage Eco-Practice every step of the way.

Encounters Nepal comprises a team of experienced professionals who have in the past 8 years worked for a range of trekking agencies. We have launched a new agency so that we can deliver our own exceptional standard of service; something we believe has become diluted in the explosion of trekking agencies available in Kathmandu alone.

We pride ourselves in our attention to detail. Nepal is a magical place and we want to ensure that you experience is the best it can be. This means delivering the type of trip you want. Whether you plan to take your time exploring or if you have limited time and a demanding trek to conquer, you can rest assured that we are genuinely friendly, reliable and always professional. Many of our customers return to Nepal. We consider their repeat booking with us a testament to our exceptional service.

How else do we differ from the competition? Unlike many other agencies we insure our guides, porters and Sherpas and pay them well. We also take environmental responsibilities seriously. We consider ourselves to be committed to the principles of eco-tourism and have started a number of initiatives to demonstrate this commitment.

Firstly we provide you with drinking water on all treks ensuring that your impact on the environment is minimized. An increase in used mineral water bottles found along some routes has become an issue in some areas! Secondly, we allocate at least 5% of our profits to local charities. This means that you are contributing directly to the development of communities who might otherwise not have benefited from your visit.

We won't stop there. We're continually looking to introduce new ways of working to improve the quality of life for as many Nepali people as possible. We encourage other trekking agencies to adopt some of our principles and we lobby all 3 Tourism Associations to ensure that our precious resources are protected for visitors to appreciate well into the future.

Bhanu
[/B]

Brian
15th February 2006, 08:14 AM
That sounds great. My plan is to trek from Jiri to EBC. I am in Kathmandu right now and would like to have a companion out there. I would like to leave in the next couple of days. Let me know how to get in touch with you. I am staying in Hotel Encounter Nepal, in Thamel. Hit me with an e-mail. Talk to you soon.

Brian

Hey Brian, my name is Freddy, I'm in Thailand right now, but arriving Katmandu on the 8th of Feb. Also want to experience a phenomenal trek. Have looked at both the Annapurri and Everest Treks and am down for either. I will probably go on a short trek close to Kat. prior to the 15th, but back on or just before that day. Would be great to trek with someone. I'm pretty laid back also, born in Sweden live in Long Island, NY, 30 Years old.
Let me know what's up
Cheers
Freddy