PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Hotels in Kathmandu

hoot72
12th October 2005, 06:56 PM
Hi

Havent seen any new threads on hotels in Kathmandu.

Any comments or suggestions on good places to stay for the budget traveller in Thamal?

bradley

david
12th October 2005, 08:55 PM
for hotel booking please write to skyline@enet.com.np
or www.nepaltravels.biz
orwww.skylinetreks.com
or
visitnepal.com/skyline

Unregistered
14th October 2005, 11:55 AM
Hi,
I will be in Nepal in November for the first time and I booked myself a room here: www.ktmgh.com
Seems to be a cool place, and prices are pretty interesting too.
Late,
Reto

yakshaver
14th October 2005, 05:10 PM
Hotel Utse
http://www.catmando.com/utse/aboututse.htm

Hotel Norling
http://www.visitnepal.com/hotelnorling/Welcome.html

Hotel Courtyard
http://www.hotelcourtyard.com/

Hotel Garuda
http://www.garuda-hotel.com/quotes.htm

Hotel Excelsior
http://members.tripod.com/~HotelExcelsior/

Muppet
16th October 2005, 11:37 PM
Very nice place in KTM is the Via via cafe, www.viaviacafe.com ( also guesthouse )

Unregistered
17th October 2005, 04:36 PM
I think you never have to book a room, guesthouses everywhere..............
But a few places I enjoyed are ;

www.hotelhorizon.com
www.hotelbluehorizon.com
www.potalatouristhome.com

hoot72
29th October 2005, 01:09 PM
Me and my gf stayed at the International Guest House which, in my opinion is probably the best motel of the lot in the thamel area.

Make sure you get a deluxe at least....we took the 2 day package which included airport transfers, breakfast x 2, a 1 day driver and car to visit the important temples and sites which made our job of seeing the sites a hell of a lot easier. It was us$65 but if you think about it, a great deal.

If you dont mind a short 5-10 min walk to the center of thamel, then this hotel is for you....and if you cant stand the noise of thamel, then this hotel will be perfect.

Whatever it is, I cant stand kathmandu so this hotel was good for me in some ways..

bradley

nepaltravel
5th November 2005, 03:51 PM
Yes, Potala Tourist Home is better one if you are looking for Budget and Mustang Holiday Inn is best one if you are looking for budget, quite and easy access.

Potala Toursit Home
www.potalatoursithome.com

Hotel Mustang Holiday Inn
www.mustangholiday.com

hoot72
10th November 2005, 10:52 AM
1) You are posting in the wrong tread

2) I am getting really fed up now of these advertisements and fly by night tour companies.

I wish the mod's for this website would keep some control over the threads please as they are filling up the treads with their adverts when there clearly is a section for tour companies and guides.

Can you please look into this....it becomes a pain in the arse when doing research and looknig for informtion to find 1000 treads but 80% of the filled up with adds and not the actual information from foreign and local trekkers who have words of advice or information that might help a traveller.

I do sympathise with the situation in Nepal but this is getting out of hand.

Please do something about this.

Bradley

hoot72
10th November 2005, 10:53 AM
Incase you didnt also notice..the majority of these geezers dont even register themselves..they are all guests or fly by night advertisers.

Bradley

bbebstudios
17th November 2005, 01:32 PM
Hi, since 1997 I'm using Hotel Tibet in Lazimpat. It's a very nice, clean, hotel, very close to Thamel (5 minutes walking), on the side of Radisson hotel. It's a traditional, family Tibetan hotel. There you can feel the warmth of the Dolkar Lama Family. And prices are so reasonable. Definetely is cheap, esecially considering all the services they provide you.
The web site is : www.hotel-tibet.com
Cheers
Mauro

yakshaver
18th November 2005, 01:02 PM
Looks good, I may email them. How much did they charge you for the room?

Sharon
19th November 2005, 05:47 PM
Hotel Norbu Linka. Very quiet and wonderful staff. They remember your name and past visits. They are very helpful and while I can see how people like the KGH, there is no way they can know anything about you. It is a big hotel with a big turnover. Try a small one and have a personal relationship. I have stayed at Norbu Linka 3 times now and look forward to seeing them again.

Oli
26th November 2005, 05:57 AM
Last time I stayed in Kathamandu I took my lodging is the Sagarmath Guest House, almost above KCs, it was probably more 'budget' that the other suggestions thus far (judging by website tariffs) but friendly and comfortable - I'd be happy to stay there again (if I can have one of the top floor / roof rooms, please)

But next time I think I might stay on Freak Street, anyone got any suggestions for 'budget' hostels / guest houses in that area?

Sharon
27th November 2005, 10:18 PM
Hotel Tibet was my lodging on my first trip to Nepal. The staff and service was excellent and on the same level as Hotel Norbu Linka. The reason I don't stay there is as a lone female I feel safer closer to Thamel for walking around in the evening.