PDA

View Full Version : Tilcho tal

NATHY
5th October 2005, 06:07 PM
Hi folks,
2 weeks to my arrival and getting final things sorted out. Doing AC first. Want to do Tilcho Tal side trip. Has anyone got any info on this??
Me and my trekking partner are planning on hiring a tent at Tilcho Tal hotel (apparently!!) then proceeding to the lake to camp at 5000m.
Will then return to Manang to continue the circuit.

Please no wannabee politicans preaching on about this and that, just helpful info please!!

Nice one

Nathy
:cool:

yakshaver
5th October 2005, 06:56 PM
Nathy,
Here are some links with info on Tilicho.
1. Per Lowdin's description of his trek there. .

http://www.lowdin.nu/Treks/Mesokantola/Tilicholake.html

2. Andrees de Ruiter description, map and pics.

http://www.nepal-dia.de/int__England/EV_Annapurna/EB_Tilicho/eb_tilicho.html

I hope this helps.

NATHY
9th October 2005, 07:17 PM
Cheers Yakshaver,
Most helpful

Nathy

hoot72
11th October 2005, 10:37 AM
Hey guys

wanted to get your opinion on what I should do. Havent been to Nepal in 15 years and will be going with my gf.

We have about 8 days and obviously, not alot of time to do any major hikes.

Wanted some suggestions or links we could look at to make a decision on what best to do.

Another thing I wanted to ask, is it better to book ahead of time before flying out to Nepal or to do it when we get in there and just go look for the best deal on the street?

Hope for some tips..

thanks

bradley

yakshaver
11th October 2005, 04:06 PM
... you can do a few things in 8 days, but you cannot waste time organising stuff in KTD... You need to have a pretty firm idea of what you want to do. And remember, KTD and the valley are still worth a couple of days if you can spare them.

One suggestion would be to fly to Lukla, and spend some time in Namche dooing some day trips, as well as perhaps an overninght trip or two - to the likes of Tengpoche monastery, and Thame.

The other one is to do some of the Langtang trek. It still takes you a full day to the trail head, so there is no advantage just because Langtang seems so much closer to KTD. In fact, if you fly to Pokhara or Lukla early in the morning, you are likely to be on trek on that very day...

Which brings me to the second alternative... Fly to Pokhara and go to the usual circuit of Birethanti, Ghorepani/Poon Hill, Gandruk, maybe Chomrong, and then come down via Jinhu Danda (hot pools there, by the river) and Syauli Bazaar and back to Birethanti/Naya Pul - and back to Pokhara

hoot72
11th October 2005, 05:03 PM
... you can do a few things in 8 days, but you cannot waste time organising stuff in KTD... You need to have a pretty firm idea of what you want to do. And remember, KTD and the valley are still worth a couple of days if you can spare them.

One suggestion would be to fly to Lukla, and spend some time in Namche dooing some day trips, as well as perhaps an overninght trip or two - to the likes of Tengpoche monastery, and Thame.

The other one is to do some of the Langtang trek. It still takes you a full day to the trail head, so there is no advantage just because Langtang seems so much closer to KTD. In fact, if you fly to Pokhara or Lukla early in the morning, you are likely to be on trek on that very day...

Which brings me to the second alternative... Fly to Pokhara and go to the usual circuit of Birethanti, Ghorepani/Poon Hill, Gandruk, maybe Chomrong, and then come down via Jinhu Danda (hot pools there, by the river) and Syauli Bazaar and back to Birethanti/Naya Pul - and back to Pokhara
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. This will def. help me plan a decent trip as we are going pretty much blind and want to do a 3-4 day hike and also spend a couple of days in KTH...and want to get the scenic flight and river rafting in...

Appreciate your reply and help..
best rgds

bradley

Unregistered
20th October 2005, 02:29 PM
The Best view of Tilicho Lake
please visit my site on Mt Biking
www.triphimalaya.com

Hi folks,
2 weeks to my arrival and getting final things sorted out. Doing AC first. Want to do Tilcho Tal side trip. Has anyone got any info on this??
Me and my trekking partner are planning on hiring a tent at Tilcho Tal hotel (apparently!!) then proceeding to the lake to camp at 5000m.
Will then return to Manang to continue the circuit.

Please no wannabee politicans preaching on about this and that, just helpful info please!!

Nice one

Nathy
:cool:

Ging
27th October 2005, 01:45 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/rirun/bbs/trekinfo/tilicho.jpg

Namaste!

View from Eastern Pass.