PDA

View Full Version : Varanasi to Kathmandu

Bernie
29th September 2005, 02:01 PM
Hi All,

It would seem that I am currently stuck in Varanasi on the 10th of November and cannot find any available flights out for days either side. I wish to get to Kathmandu and the best I can find is to be in the waiting list for the cosmic air flight that runs this route. Would anyone know if in general Indian / Nepal airlines waiting lists ever amount?

Now looking for alternate ways into Kathmandu, partial rail, bus, car ... i'm open to ideas.

Thanks,

Bernie

yakshaver
29th September 2005, 05:51 PM
There is a bus which runs to Sunauli, the city on the Nepali border from Varanasi. The name of the border town on the Indian side is Sunauli, and on the Nepali side is Bhairahwa. It taks about 10 hours by bus from Varanasi to the border at Sunauli, an then you board another bus on the Nepali side and it takes another 10 hours to KTD. Or 5 hours to Pokhara. You will probably have to overnight in Sunauli or Bhairahwa. Buses run every day, I undrstand.

Unregistered
30th September 2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks Yakshaver for pointing me in the right direction ... i was really at a loss of what to do ... it would seem there are a few daily flights to kathmandu from Bhairahwa so all i need to do it get from Varanasi to Bhairahwa. I think i can either do this by bus as you suggested or train it half way to Gorakhpur and bus it from there.

Thank again,

Bernie

yakshaver
3rd October 2005, 06:18 PM
No worrries Bernei. Please let us know how it all went.

praveenkrs
29th October 2005, 08:39 AM
is there any website from where i can get flight details
www.air-deccon.com
http://www.air-deccon.com
<a href=www.air-deccon.com>air deccon</a>