PDA

View Full Version : luggage info

NATHY
29th August 2005, 01:11 AM
Hello all,
Does anyone know if its possible to leave any stuff in Kathmandu whilst about trekking.Something like left luggage. I havent been to Nepal before and havent been able to find out. If so how much does it cost?
Thanks
Nathan

Sharon
29th August 2005, 01:55 AM
Typically you stay in a hotel in Kathamndu the night before leaving on your trek as well as the night returning, usually more nights. I have always left my luggae at the hotel while out trekking and never had a problem. I have done this at 4 different places so it is quite common.

yakshaver
29th August 2005, 04:11 PM
Like Sharon, I've never had trouble living my extra luggage at the hotel or guesthouse in KTD. Even if you just sleep there for one night on the way to trekking and one night upon return, they would keep your luggage in the safe room without charge. Never had any issues with various hotels, both cheap and expensive, on any of my 5 visits to Nepal. It does not cost anything extra by the way.

Rakshi
8th September 2005, 03:50 AM
I also confirm no issues with store room at any place in Nepal. Doesn't matter whether it is KTM Pokhara or any place whlie trekking. This is safe and common way to travel.
Rakshi