PDA

View Full Version : We recommend Thakur for Annapurna!!!!

Alistair and Fia
10th June 2005, 12:27 PM
We are a Norwegian and Scottish couple who have just returned from an excellent trip to Nepal and we would like to recommend our trekking guide Thakur to other travellers. We thought long and hard about the decision to take a guide, and we are really glad that we did- we have now left Nepal with a new friend.

We spent three weeks trekking the Annapurna circuit, and Thakur really helped to make our time more interesting, more fun and also safer. He has lived around Annapurna for most of his life, and has great knowledge of the natural history and culture of the region, as well as having many local friends who added great colour to our journey.

He knows the best places to eat and stay, and was also able to understand our wishes very well, and take us to the kind of out-of-the-way places which we were seeking. Throughout the trek he took showed great interest and enthusiasm for teaching us more about Nepal, and his brilliant sense of homour was a constant delight. He speaks excellent english, and we had many interesting conversations about a huge range of topics.

Importantly, he also understands a great deal about safety and is a naturally careful and conscientious person. He took great care of us at high altitude, and made sure that we were sufficiently acclimitised along the way. He also gave us really useful advice on dealing with Maoists which we would not otherwise have considered, with the result that our trip went by without a hitch.

Thakur lives in Pokhara and can be contacted by email at thakurbk321@hotmail.com

We would also be quite happy to answer any questions you might have- you can contact us by email at ra_duguid@yahoo.co.uk

Unregistered
16th June 2005, 08:34 PM
Guest..from another Guest. What a stupid comment. Not sure if you realise but the trekking guides are having a pretty tough time at the moment and recommendations like this can make all the difference when it comes to getting the work. I've just returned from a trek and have posted a similar recommendation on behalf of my guide on another site without any money coming my way ! Believe it or not, sometimes people do things for others without money having to change hands. I wont labour the point as I'm sure you're bright enough to get it !