PDA

View Full Version : tour leader

yakwash
11th May 2005, 05:48 PM
Hi,Yakshave,need your advise on working as a tour leader in Nepal(and Tibet),any information are appreciated.

Unregistered
11th May 2005, 09:38 PM
Dear Sir/Madam

On behalf of the Skyline Treks & Expedition (P.) Ltd. I would like to request you to work together with us in promoting the tourism in Nepal & Tibet.

This organization is working especially in the Trekking, Rafting, Mountain Flight, Jungle Safari, Sightseeing, Tibet tour and many sector of Nepal. Please visit our website www.skylinetreks.com www.nepaltravels.biz for further details.

We are looking forward to establish business relationship with the agencies in various countries, and therefore have forwarded this proposal to you.

We would like to request you to work as our agent there.

If you are interested, please write to us for the discussion of further details.

Sincerely yours,
Madhav Prasad Pandey
Managing Director
Informations And International Relations
Skyline Treks & Expedition (P.) Ltd.
Gpo box No; 14221
Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel No: 00977-1-4356682
Mobile No: 00977-9841322144
Fax no: 00977-1-4353669
Email: skyline@enet.com.np
www.skylinetreks.com
www.trekinfo.biz

yakshaver
12th May 2005, 10:26 AM
Send me a private message yakwash, and I may answer you.

Have fun.

cmlama
12th May 2005, 11:40 AM
contact at trekinfo@gmail.com with many years experience guide/organizer who can supply you more details how to do as a tour leader in Nepal and Tibet.

yakwasher
12th May 2005, 11:50 AM
thanks,yakshave

yakwasher
12th May 2005, 11:51 AM
thanks cmlama

yakshaver
13th May 2005, 11:21 AM
Yak-washer, I have replied to your private email. I hope you find the info satisfactory.
In therms of your username... You may try to be a bit more imaginative...
May I suggest Monkeyspanker, or perhaps Hamslammer, or maybe Bishopwaxer. I don't know... There is plenty of choice out there.

Dirty Yak
13th May 2005, 01:06 PM
It's COLD up here in the mountains.

yakwasher
14th May 2005, 09:24 AM
just concerned about Yak may be treated brutally being dry-shaved.for taking a bit more care of Yak,better need more like Yakpolisher,Yakshampoo...

yakwasher
14th May 2005, 09:25 AM
no hot water this time

The pope
14th May 2005, 09:49 AM
Yak-washer, I have replied to your private email. I hope you find the info satisfactory.
In therms of your username... You may try to be a bit more imaginative...
May I suggest Monkeyspanker, or perhaps Hamslammer, or maybe Bishopwaxer. I don't know... There is plenty of choice out there.

Waxing bishops presents a whole new field of possibilities. Let your local cardinal know when you have it organized

yakshaver
14th May 2005, 01:08 PM
As the warmer monsoon months start, sometime at the end of May or beginning of june, the Himalayan people begin shaving their yaks. No joking here, and the more seasoned trekkers on this site will confirm this. The "wool" has many uses, including carpets, clothing, bed covers etc. You won't see much of it on the popular treks, as the locals have now Chineze manufactured stuff. Still, if you ask lodge some lodge owners they can show you they still manufacture stuff made of yak hair. It is quite rough, but resistent.
Mind you, yak moisturiser, yak polish and shampoo, yak bodywash and yak bathgell etc might be useful products to market in the high Himalayan valleys. I will think about it.

Now to bishopwaxing. Euphemisms for the "unspeakable" exist aplenty. This is just one of them. I respectfuly ask "the pope" not to play dumb here. The priests and monks in the Holy Roman Catholic Church know very well what I am talking about. With celibacy and all that nonsense, a bit of bishopwaxing is simply the norm. All local cardinals have various techniques (adapted to the local mores and culture) in their arsenal...

Unregistered
14th May 2005, 05:36 PM
Is it like hogwash?

yakshaver
14th May 2005, 08:17 PM
No, bishopwaxing it's not like hogwash...

yakwasher
14th May 2005, 10:39 PM
must need a big blazer to shave a yak

yakwasher
15th May 2005, 10:05 AM
no hogwash in Nepal,you can do it somewhere else

Sherpaguy
15th May 2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I've seen this yakshaver's handiwork. Silly looking yaks wandering around like poodles with big fluffy tails and bare haunches.

But we get nice rope and yak hair bags out of it.

yakwasher
16th May 2005, 10:52 AM
hope shaved yak not scare unshaved yaks

Yeah, I've seen this yakshaver's handiwork. Silly looking yaks wandering around like poodles with big fluffy tails and bare haunches.

But we get nice rope and yak hair bags out of it.

mieke
16th May 2005, 05:59 PM
lol guys :)hope shaved yak not scare unshaved yaksi think this one certainly would...

http://www.shavenyak.net/images/shavenyak.jpg

ShavenYak Enterprises (http://www.shavenyak.net/) !!
Seems they're no longer in business; an idea for you perhaps Yakshaver?

yakshaver
17th May 2005, 08:14 AM
That looks a bit ghastly. I have no idea who shaveyak enterprises were... Maybe they got the idea from the imfamous Ren&Stimpy show.

yakwasher
17th May 2005, 08:37 AM
is it not a buffalo?

[QUOTE=mieke]lol guys :)i think this one certainly would...

mieke
19th May 2005, 05:09 PM
is it not a buffalo?How would anyone tell? But the horns look alike, don't they? The shape.
Yak horns seem smaller than buffalos have.

See, that's the problem you get with all that shaving...

BishopWaxer
20th May 2005, 11:56 AM
They are sharper and longer than buffalo horns and many trekkers and locals have been injured - or killed - by yak horn wounds.

Many years ago the yak lived on the plains with the buffalo, but it was adventurous and wanted to see what is in the mountains. So they yak asked the buffalo to loan him all his hair to keep warm and then went into the mountains.

Thats why the yaks stay in the mountains and the buffalo has no hair - and is always looking up towards the mountains watching for the yak to come back. ;)

Lots of wonderful time wasting stuff on http://www.yak.net/

yakwasher
21st May 2005, 04:50 PM
shaved yak could mingle with baffulo and you don't know who is who if you shave them at low land.so keep yak shaved at high place and baffulo won't get that high(or they will get AMS,right?).

BishopWaxer
21st May 2005, 11:53 PM
:cool: Yaks get ALS (Acute Lowland Sickness) and die below 2500 meters

mieke
22nd May 2005, 01:59 PM
BW I really like your explanation about the adventurous yaks and how the buffalos enabled them to stay warm up there. The simplicity of the story reminds me of an African tribe who believed their Gods lived just above them and if they lifted the backside of a spear into the air (not the sharp point, as they felt that would have been impolite), as if to tickle them, they could get their immediate attention and tell 'm they didn't like the weather that day and could they do something about it? and things like that...

However, you've been misled re. yaks and ALS! Yaks can live happily and healthy at sea-level too, such as in Belgium and The Netherlands. I think there used to be a whole bunch of them in the "Court of Eden" (http://www.thecourtofeden.org/index.php?id=2&L=2) near Utrecht. They're farm animals here in some cases too, as are dz's though they're definitely rare, and you can find them in some of the zoos in this part of the world.
So don't worry about the ALS...; quite a part of my country is even belw sea-level, see? And I guess especially the ones down here are good swimmers too.

http://img262.echo.cx/img262/254/yakinutrecht29yh.jpg < - > http://img262.echo.cx/img262/9430/yakinutrecht14tq.jpg
yaks that (used to) live in Utrecht, Holland

(suppose more and more ppl will be puzzled what this thread's doing in "Safety and Travel Information"; on the other hand: with the wild rivers and the rafting in Nepal and all that, I guess recommending that you're also a good swimmer before you go there isn't a bad thing to do in here...)

Edit 22/5: brightened up the pics a bit, and then discovered there's also a calf in one of them :)

yakwasher
23rd May 2005, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=[..... Yaks can live happily and healthy at sea-level too, such as in Belgium and The Netherlands.....]

dosen't look very happy or healthy in the picture....

BishopWaxer
25th May 2005, 12:41 PM
They are the ones that need a shave to cool them off. ;)

Maybe yakshaver should go to the Netherlands to ply his trade.

yakshaver
26th May 2005, 07:18 PM
I did go to Hamster-dam with the firm intent to care for those poor sad yaks, but I got side tracked by the gorgeous exponents of beauty for which that city is famed (started shaving them - ended up with the police, and then in a padded room), as well as by some kind of weird cookies... They swore to me they were legit, but obviously not, which did not come as a surprise to me. Indeed it would have been dissapointing if they would have been "normal cookies". Nerver fully recovered from either ailment, much of my grey matter is gone...gone ... went back down the alley with a rolly polly little bat faced girl, who was sitting pretty in a shopwindow. Hence my attraction of the himal: I feel better in the rarefied air, as it matches my rarefied neurons.

mieke
28th May 2005, 03:01 PM
...went back down the alley with a rolly polly little bat faced girl
WW!!! - Paul Simon, "Call me Al" (http://www.musiclinks.nl/P/Paul_Simon/songtekst-Call-me-Al-L7146.html)....., yssss!

What a grat way to start a new day here, yakshaver. Big thanks; I'm always into music!

So you guys think these yaks don't look very happy, or healthy? I don't know. I've seen tons of pictures of Nepali yaks and also of some dzos and dzomos the past few years, but I can't say I ever saw them pictured real cheerful, or "vibrant". Though I know that big and heavy as they are, they can easily kill you (wouldn't even take the horns) they're pretty docile animals like most bovines, aren't they?
Perhaps it's the environment why they're not happily jumping and fooling around. Bovines tend to be rather sensitive to the general atmosphere, the "vibes" surrounding them. It's not all that pleasant these days to live in Nepal, to use an understatement; lots of worries and grief in the air. And as for the yaks in these pics of course I don't know but it may be they were photographed when it was clear already that the "Court of Eden" was about to be closed (by city authorities). Being the only real "genes bank" that actively collected the seeds of all kinds of original, old Dutch and European flora in order to save it and protect it against the US-led invasion of a general monoculture in countries' agriculture (a purely private initiative by the way, not our government caring about these things), I'd be sad too if I was a yak and I lived there because the manure I produced was very welcome and necessary to grow all those rare plants and trees and stuff. Of course you don't do that with artificial fertilizers.

(Not kiddin' about the sensitivity of bovines btw; it's not uncommon among farmers at least in Germany and Holland to consult a "cow-whisperer" in order to find out what the farmer can change about the stables and the way he manages his farm, to make his cattle more happy! Changing certain colours of walls, playing certain types of (classical) music, changing the kind of clothes the farmer was used to wear when he is among his animals, changing things re. airco settings, stuff like that. Bit like shamanism. True!
I know you're into psychology yourself, yakshaver. So if you'll ever be in Hamsterdam again, drop me a line if you'd like talk to some of these farmers, to hear from them about the results re. happier cattle...)

yakshaver
29th May 2005, 08:41 PM
You've got good taste in musig Mieke... I like Paul Simon, as well as Neil Finn (Crowded House), Dire Straits etc, but it just goes to show my age. Hence You can all me Al, is quite appropriate for this mid-life crisis ridden confused man person...
Regarding yaks/naks. The pure breed is not that docile. Rather temperamental and even strong willed. The mixes are rather more ameanable to human direction and instruction.

Interesting other points your raise too... about agriculture, monoculture and cow-wisperers...
I shall be looking forward to visiting Amsterdam one day... Have not been there yet. Heard it's a very nice city.

yakwasher
30th May 2005, 12:44 PM
cow-whisperer?or yak-whisperer?I feel sorry for those yaks,now I know why they not very happy there,imagine how you are whispered(or nagged) to death every day....