PDA

View Full Version : Annapurna Circuit starting November 3./4.

ChrisNepal
12th October 2010, 08:53 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for one or a group of trekking companions for the Annapurna Circuit. I would like to start on Wednesday 3rd or Thursday 4th of November.

I am an easy-going PhD Student from Germany and I have some trekking experience from Norway and New Zealand and have ok/good fitness.

Christian

__________________________________________________ _____

SUMMARY OF INTERESSTED PEOPLE:

1. Franzi - Yes (wrote a private mail to me)
2. Myself/ChrisNepal - yes (arriving on 2nd, starting ideally on 4th)
3. NSP from India - maybe (I asked if a start on 4th is possible)
4. Ricardo - maybe (I asked if a start on 4th is possible)
5. Lina - No (joined a guided tour)

So currently we are likely 2, maybe 1 or 2 more

I suggest everybody interessted to meet on Tuesday November 2nd at 20:00in the Bar of the "Rum Doodle Restaurant & Bar" (a once famous bar for mountaineers as Edmund Hillary according to the lonely planet, which is located a bit north of Thamel) for a drink. Then we can check, if we fit together in terms of fitness, plans and personality....

Please continue writing in this forum in case you are interessted

LoopyLina
14th October 2010, 12:15 PM
Hi Christian,
I will fly to Kathmandu on the 30th October and would also like to do the Annapurna Trek. I am pretty fit and have a little bit of trekking experience. However, my flight back to Macau (where I am currently living) is on the 23rd of November and I would like to leave ideally on the 1st of November so that I don't have to rush. Let me know if that would be an option for you.
I am also German, but haven't lived there for a few years...
Cheers,
Lina

NSP
23rd October 2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Chris, I am planning Annapurna Circuit from Nov 5. Am 37, from India. Let me know if you'd want to join,

Bistari_Barelegs
24th October 2010, 10:39 PM
Hi Chris. Not Annapurna , but a rare opportunity to trek to Tsum Valley(see below) , and probably complete the Manaslu circuit. So far 2 of us , 1x US , 1x UK leave Kathmandu on 05 November on camping trek organised with Ktm company that I have trekked with many times before.Approx 25 days. Any good to you?

I went round the Annapurna Circuit last year (for the second time!), and trek in Nepal most seasons.

Andrew

Tsum Valley was a restricted area until it was opened for trekking in 2008 and there is a little information available on the area.

The Tsum Valley is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in northern Gorkha, Nepal. Literally “Tsum” means vivid. Against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal and Sringi Himal, and Boudha ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak unique dialect. Trails are strewn with artistic chortens and lined with mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with drawings of deities and inscribed with prayers. The famous Kyimu Lung, a pilgrimage circuit in the central Trans-Himalaya, is well known for its center of learning and meditation. This circuit traverses the Tsum Valley the Manaslu area in Nepal.

Ricardo
25th October 2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Christian,

I'm arriving to Kathmandu 10/31/10 and I'm leaving 24/11/10. If ACAP permit is available that day I'd like to start on 1/11/10 going to Besisahar (Khudi). Also I want to have at least two nights in Letdar or Thorung Pedi.

Kind regards,
Ricardo

ChrisNepal
25th October 2010, 06:50 PM
SUMMARY OF INTERESSTED PEOPLE:

1. Franzi - Yes (wrote a private mail to me)
2. Myself/ChrisNepal - yes (arriving on 2nd, starting ideally on 4th)
3. NSP from India - maybe (I asked if a start on 4th is possible)
4. Ricardo - maybe (I asked if a start on 4th is possible)
5. Lina - No (joined a guided tour)

So currently we are likely 2, maybe 1 or 2 more

I suggest everybody interessted to meet on Tuesday November 2nd at 20:00in the Bar of the "Rum Doodle Restaurant & Bar" (a once famous bar for mountaineers as Edmund Hillary according to the lonely planet, which is located a bit norht of Thamel) for a drink. Then we can check, if we fit together in terms of fitness, plans and personality....

Please continue writing in this forum in case you are interessted