PDA

View Full Version : Manaslu Circuit - End of Nov/Dec 2010

zipperdoyle
14th September 2010, 11:34 PM
Hello,

I'm planning on doing the Manaslu Circuit and I'm looking for a trekking companion to split the costs and enjoy the views. This will be my fourth trek in Nepal (EBC, ABC, Langtang) and I'll be using the same trusted guide (Santaman) that I've used previously. I'm arriving in Nepal on 11/25 and returning back on 12/12. The trek will likely be 14-15 days in length and happen from 11/27-12/11. A few days of the trek will involve tent camping. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

About me: easy going, fit, Male in his early 30's from the US. The less drama the better.

Thanks,

ZD

Harry
15th September 2010, 02:50 PM
ZD,

Hi, this is a good trek, but little late in the year. Might be impossible to cross the pass due to earlier snowfall. But if you are lucky, it's only freezing cold!

Cheers,
Harry

Landfall38
16th September 2010, 01:46 AM
Hmmm... Can Manaslu Circuit be completed within 15 days? (assuming optimal conditions)

I thought is was longer (it was when I did it long ago)

Mauro_IT
7th November 2010, 09:16 PM
Hi,
I am Mauro 48 y.o. I am interested in the Manaslu Trek/Tsum Valley in the same period (27/11 maybe I will arrive in Kath.). Please contact me so we can join for the trek where we need a guide.
bye
Mauro

GoNepal
8th November 2010, 02:18 AM
I read and talked about this trek. I never made there. Now the road built further up bothe side start and end of the trek it might be possible in 2 weeks. Good luck guys. Be prepared. Nepal himalaya sometime get snow only in January. It snowed only in February in 1992 or 93. Sometime in '96/97 it snowed heavy in November, all trekkers had to be rescued by helicopter from Gokyo. Get ready in case of heavysnow fall if anybody is in Himalaya between mid-Nov till mid-March.

yakshaver
8th November 2010, 06:59 AM
Manaslu can probably done in 15 days, if you really rush it. I would suggest 18 days and hang around Tsum Valley if you're at it. It is a more remote area, and you'd probably not go there again in a rush.