PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Kailash Trek via Simikot on September!

happysurya
3rd April 2005, 05:05 PM
We have a fixed departure group for Mt. Kailash Trek on Sept 2005. If you would like to join with our group please feel free to contact at info@trekkinggroup.com or ajt@hons.com.np

khamje
23rd April 2005, 10:50 AM
Hi, recent in October November with my wife, we visited in Everest region it was absolutely amazing, but! don't go solo at the moment, definitely use an independent guide and a guide who is used to trekking with western women(it's a Nepal male attitude thing)it will be worth its weight in gold, not only for good advice, good company, good health, safety, and an insight into the soul of Nepal.

Training wise: Altitude is a bitch, get high slowly, take your time and be flexible with your duration in the mountains. Cycling, walking to get fit, mostly up hill! And get used to using walking poles for down hill!
You can't get truly mountain fit unless you're in them, so just a good level of fitness for stamina, altitude will soon halve that.

The guide we used was fantastic, great spoken English, great attitude, and very generous, i would recommend him to all women trekkers for Nepal and Tibet, very knowledgeable guy.
If you're interested or just want information from on the ground in Nepal you can contact him by email with all your Q's and be sure of a thoughtful response (khamje_lama@yahoo.com), he also has a website with loads of info which is useful if you have any suspend u contec this mail crcodile_dendi@hotmail.com

lenny
24th April 2005, 02:42 PM
Don't bother nicking my text or i might point it out! Feel free to write your own recomendation, but mine is an honest response to a guide i have used Jagat Lama(who can be found in Recomended guides), the reply i posted is not for you to copy, nice try fella but i'm watching!

lenny
24th April 2005, 02:43 PM
Don't bother nicking my text or i might point it out! Feel free to write your own recomendation, but mine is an honest response to a guide i have used Jagat Lama(who can be found in Recomended guides), the reply i posted is not for you to copy, nice try fella but i'm watching!
:mad: