PDA

View Full Version : How is security in Annapurna trek

ChrisandPeter
17th March 2005, 06:03 AM
My friends and me go to KTM next week for Annapurna trek. How is the security in Annapurna trek and how is easy to go to Besi Sahar from KTM ?

Thanks.

:)

The Trekking Guide
17th March 2005, 06:32 AM
Oh ! well come to the nnapuna destination as usaul. I have been just a week a go Besisahar by Bus and did AC trek with very much fantastic way. Just our clients paied 12 hundred NRS per to the Maoist in the Shikha rather than all best safe and enjoyfull trekking we had.
Please, visit anyway our peace and paradise destination to leave foot print than take photograph.
Wish you all the best,
Regards,
www.independent-trekkingguide-nepal.com

Unregistered
17th March 2005, 09:05 AM
hi guys
I might see you there
I arrive in KMT on the 27th march hoping to bus to besisahar and do the AC asap
if you wanna meet up email me
rossontrek@yahoo.com.au

cheers
Ross

alpinetourguide
19th March 2005, 11:25 AM
Hi chrisand and all prospectives
if you wanna make your trek more easier and easier you can aply more fexiblities on your trip and and schaduels because some time weather and the blukade will hampare your itineraries and you will have trouble and surpressing in mind instead to enjoy.. every where it is safe for trekkers only maoist would ask donation but you could be more polite with and just be so humble to them and give some money as donation to ........ and just you will be able to maximise your joy full trek in nepal.
At last wishing your safe journey In N epal;)l

Morrissey
21st March 2005, 01:58 PM
Be prepared for a potentially long bus 'ride'. I headed for Besi Shahar this past February 12 and the bus was caught in a long (very, very long) blockade. It took us 12 hours to arrive. After I finished the Circuit (during a beautiful, but often hairy, winter crossing), it took 11 hours to get back to Kathmandu from Pokhara. The sercurity is the same.
I have never once paid money to Maoists. During this trip, we were stopped once en route to Tatopani. My Nepali buddy whom I was trekking with just told the Maoist (who was actually a snotty-nosed punk) that I had already paid and that I had thrown the receipt away. When asking why I did such a 'stupid thing', my buddy informed the punk that since we were to pass through Jomsom (with its large Army base and Glacier Training facility) from Muktinath I was uneasy about carrying anything 'Maoist' through a strongly fortifide village. The kid ran back to speak with some old guy who, after hearing the kid's whispered explanation, just waved us off.
Not suggesting that this will work every time, but if I can get safely away with not giving money to Maoists, I will. Regardless, have no worries. Enjoy the trek. It's beautiful.