PDA

View Full Version : EBC from phaplu - guide/porter?

Wim
11th March 2005, 01:51 PM
Hi,

We're a group of 4 from belgium. We're planning to do a trek phaplu-namche-gokyo-chola-lobuche-namche-lukhla. We'll arrive in phaplu on april 23. We're looking for a guide/porter to accompany us on this trip. Does somebody have a recommendation or should it be no problem to find a guide/porter in phaplu on the day of our arrival?

greets,
wim

Unregistered
11th March 2005, 04:17 PM
dear friend thank u very much for ur inquiry. i am a government guide of nepal. had 10 year experienced in different trekking routes. i would like to inform u that we can go for this trip with u but i am also in kathmandu right now . any way we can make our trip memorable and longterm relation with each other. the price will be cheap for u . i am not doing with company, i mean doing individually. for more information plz mail me devkota2000@hotmail.com.

sincerely ur
dipak devkota

Ecological
11th March 2005, 04:59 PM
Hi there,
It is always nice to hear about a bit cheaper price. Hiring a porter guide from Phaplu is possible in better price. he will be a local. may be with good enough English. It will avoid to you of paying return airfare to Phalu-Kathmandu. You can hire some individual guide/porter from Kathmandu But, The most important thing they do not have their life and medical Insurance.
The clients, who hire them is responssible of any thing happend with him.
So, Many organized and registered Company in Kathmandu also do not provide Medical Insurance for their mountain staffs.

In this reasons, we do advice to you to check and choose a proper organized Company and porter guiude to make your trip safe feeling.
Best Regards,
Rup