PDA

View Full Version : Lukla return flights

krlock3
11th March 2010, 12:00 PM
Hi there,

Im planning to do EBC in late march and early april.

Currently im planning to fly in to lukla, booking a flight after i arrive in Kathmandu.

Should I book a return flight or a single?

Is a return cheaper than two singles?

More importantly, if i book a return, then it puts me under pressure to get back to lukla by a certain time. However, if i return to lukla and then book my return flight, how likely is it that i will have to wait for some days?

your advice appreciated!
________
PresleyStar live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/PresleyStar)

Escher
11th March 2010, 01:15 PM
Two singles or a return are the same price. Buy an open return and when you get back to Lukla give your ticket to the lodge owner where you are staying and they will get you on the next available flight which is likely to be the next day if the weather is ok. When you are in KTM buying the ticket just tell the agent what you are planning to do and they'll give you the right sort of ticket. It is very common for trekkers to be flexible with their return date and so the agents cater for exactly that. What you want to do is what most people do.

You just need to make sure that you don't try and fly back before the date of your ticket, but if it is after that will be fine. I've done that several times. So say I am flying home on the 10th of the month, and I buy an open return dated 3rd, then I can fly back from Lukla on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on. But just ask the travel agent, they will sort exactly what you need easy as.

krlock3
11th March 2010, 01:17 PM
thanks escher!
________
RoyalBrunette (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/RoyalBrunette/)

Oli
11th March 2010, 03:26 PM
You just need to make sure that you don't try and fly back before the date of your ticket, but if it is after that will be fine. I've done that several times. So say I am flying home on the 10th of the month, and I buy an open return dated 3rd, then I can fly back from Lukla on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on. But just ask the travel agent, they will sort exactly what you need easy as.

Other way around, surely. If you arrive at Lukla *after* the appointed date then you've missed your flight and will have to buy another ticket. If you arrive before the date on your ticket then they will move your flight forwarded (space and schedules permitting)

But like Escher says - just tell the ticket agent what you want and they will sort it out for you.

Escher
11th March 2010, 03:58 PM
)

But like Escher says - just tell the ticket agent what you want and they will sort it out for you.

Yeah what Oli said! It just goes to show when you think you know what you doing then your agent will still sort you out! They are used to dealing with idiot tourists like me! In fact I normally ask my taxi driver from the airport to sort it out for me or if not at the place I'm staying. Almost always every taxi driver has their own or brother/uncle/sister owned travel agency, same at each hotel. All you need to say is (to pretty much anyone you encounter) 'I want to fly to Lukla' and they'll have you sorted in 10 minutes. Kathmandu is a very easy place to get things arranged. Which is fortunate for people with a sieve for a brain like me.