PDA

View Full Version : EBC + Gokyo Feb 22

jared
8th February 2010, 07:18 AM
Hi all

I'm planning a trek to EBC and Gokyo from late Feb (arrive Kathmandu 21st Feb). I'd be hoping to start around 22/23 Feb. Looking for companion(s), anyone interested?
cheers
jared
email - jared099@gmail.com

anja
8th February 2010, 08:29 AM
Hi,

I'm already in Nepal and are currently looking for trekking partners to do the EBC and Gokyo starting 15th February. I would be interested in joining you on the trek from the 22th February and would change my plans. I would like to do a teahouse trek and hire a porter. I'm from Germany. Where are you from?

Cheers,

Anja

Filiep(Belgium)
21st February 2010, 01:50 PM
Hi Jared,

I also arrived today (21 st) and have the same plans as you -> Gokyo valley and then to EBC by crossing crossing the Cho La pass. This creates a 17 to 20 day loop, where you minimalise taking the same path twice, as you can see on this litlle map.

http://www.trekkingineverest.com/images/final/ultimate-everest-map.JPG

I met someone who has done the crossing of Cho La. One does not needs exeptional skills. One only might need crampons - to find out with other preparations. And we should consider a guide for the passing of Cho La ( I think) . All the rest we can do independent (I know).

Hope to hear from you soon in order to see if we have similar expectations and if so, to start preparations,

I stay in the Yellow House (See Lonely Planet)
I m 30, physically in good condition ( I recently rode a bike for 2000 km in Vietnam) and up for some adventure!

Filiep

Filiep_Herman@hotmail.com