PDA

View Full Version : Looking for trek companions mid-Sept and onward

murphyslwa
3rd September 2009, 03:50 AM
Hello all,

My name is Joseph and I am a 24 year old male from the US. I will be arriving in Nepal on September seventh, and I hope to start trekking the Annapurna Circuit anywhere from the 15th - 20th. I also have ambitions to tackle the EBC and would like to hike that after the AC.

I would like to do this trek without a tour group/hiking company so I am hoping to find some companions to join me.

I am very relaxed and easy going in terms of schedules and all that is involved. I recently just finished a four month trek and still am in decent shape. Whatever your pace or hiking style/preferences, I am perfectly fine with it. I just want to have an amazing adventure and share it with some others!

Please feel free to respond on here or send me an email at:

tumidalsky.joseph@gmail.com

Hope to hear from other hikers!

fussballnelke
3rd September 2009, 04:26 PM
hey joseph,

i want to do the AC in september as well. ill arrive in delhi on sept 6th and than take a couple of bumpy bus rides to nepal and pokhara. i thought about getting started for the trekk around the 11th. may be we can fit it in.
im a 23 year old student from germany. ive done a lot of trekking and hiking to, unfortunately not this year. but my job and sports should make up for this.
it would be nice to have some company especially for such a long time.

best, stefan

murphyslwa
4th September 2009, 06:26 AM
Hey Stefan,

I am definitely up for getting a group together, but as it stands right now, it would be better for me to hike anywhere from the 15th - 20th of Sept. Would this be too late for you?

fussballnelke
4th September 2009, 03:57 PM
hey joseph,

no, thats not a problem at all.during my visit to nepal I want to do the trek first and visit the kathmandu valley afterwards. but i can just switch it, not a problem at all. so im in for it!

murphyslwa
5th September 2009, 02:49 AM
Excellent!

Not sure how you want to meet up to figure out plans, but I will be staying right in the main center of Kathmandu so I am assuming we should be able to meet just fine.

There may be a couple of others on this board looking to go around that time so maybe we can all get together some day.

My email is tumidalsky.joseph@gmail.com or we can use this

Hope to see you soon!

fussballnelke
5th September 2009, 04:10 AM
thats great. i will let you know where im going to stay as soon as i arrive in kathmandu so we can meet up.
looking forward to meet you.

murphyslwa
8th September 2009, 08:01 AM
Hey Stefan,

Greetings from Kathmandu! I am currently staying at Hotel Encounter Nepal in the Thamel region, just to let you know. I look forward to hearing from you and to meet up and plan a trek!

jaroddunn
8th September 2009, 11:16 AM
Hello Joseph, I sent you a reply to your email about possibly joining up with you guys. Please let me know.
Thanks
Jarod

murphyslwa
9th September 2009, 05:27 PM
Apologies Jarod. There has been a change in plans for my trekking time. I wish we could have made further contact sooner so that we could discuss trekking options. As it stands, I will be starting the AC on the 11th of September (your original idea, i know). Perhaps you can make it out to Besisahar by then and can join for this trek. Once again, apologies and if I don't see you, I wish you all the best on your journey!

fussballnelke
9th September 2009, 09:20 PM
hey jarod,

i just read joseph`s comment and the 11th would be to early for me. I thought about starting on the 15th or 16th.
what is your plan because maybe we can tackle it together?!
i`m currently in kathmandu to if you want to meet up.
my mail is spiefel@gmx.de
greetings, stefan