PDA

View Full Version : Tibet in March

Unregistered
8th February 2005, 03:34 PM
Hi people!

I'm an Spanish girl looking for companion to go to Tibet on March, budget tour... going Lhasa and then free returning Nepal.

johnty20
8th February 2005, 10:34 PM
I am arriving march 17th and plan to go to Tibet at some point. trying to keep an open mind/diary. How long to do u plan to be in Tibet and Nepal for.

Are you going to anywhere else? If r dates donít match then thereís always a drink!

Unregistered
9th February 2005, 02:08 PM
Ei!

Me I'm now in Kathmandu, planning to go on trekking on 13th of this month to Annapurna Circuit (maybe). I'm thinking on going Tibet when I'll return, but I don't have fixed data, so we can keep in touch to see what happens. I've visited several agencies and for the moment the cheaper one offers going to Lhasa by jeep in five days, and then let us free for about two weeks (as long as the visa lets). If the group is two or more persons, you can be free after arriving in Lhasa and then return Nepal or China by yourself. The price is 130$ including transport to Lhasa, permit and visa. I'll look for more agencies.

Where are you now? What are your plans?

Kisses,

Aina

johnty20
9th February 2005, 02:50 PM
I arrive on March 17th and my plan was to do maybe 2 treks, and spend a few weeks around Kathmandu. Then go on to Tibet and then travel on to china (visa permitting). As my flight home is from Hong Kong in August.

About the visas for Tibet/China, i understood you could get a group visa ok in KT. But there was little chance for a single visa. Kind of confusing sometimes!

What do you guys plan to do? Will you be going on to china or just visiting Tibet and then back to KT.

Speak to you soon
take care Jon x

Unregistered
21st February 2005, 11:31 PM
Leaving Istanbul and will be in Kathmandu March 18 and want to go to Lhassa by jeep. I want to participate if you organize it.
Salih Unal