PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Raj Tamang, Responsible Adventures

trekking queen
30th December 2008, 02:26 AM
My husband and I have just returned from a 5 week trekking trip to Nepal. We wanted to go with a local guide that would provide a professional service and having done some online research, contacted Raj at Responsible Adventures and were not disappointed. Raj promptly responded to all my queries and we landed up putting together a 2 week trek doing a mini Annapurna circuit (Besi Sahar to Jomson), then spent a few days relaxing in Pokhara before doing a 3 week trip to the Everest region - Kala Patar and Gokyo lakes. Raj is the founder of the company and we were privileged to have him lead our first trek. We had a great time. Raj is always thinking of his clients and trying to make their trek as comfortable as possible. Little extras like the maple syrup he carried with him to sweeten the locally made pancakes and porridge were great treats during some challenging trekking days. Hes an experienced guide having previously worked with a number of the larger international travel companies. He cares passionately about improving the working conditions and pay for locals and employs well educated guides and talented staff (our porter was a fabulous dancer, Bollywood style). Check out available tours on the following websites: www.notjusttreks.com and www.responsibleadventures.com