PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else effected by the Bangkok mess?

RRainey
1st December 2008, 08:15 PM
What to do when your flight passes through a place occupied by thousands of protesters? I am hoping that Thai will reroute me.

I will find out today. Anyone else effected,here? RR

weifarer
1st December 2008, 09:14 PM
Oh gosh, my partner and I are affected too! Were supposed to transit at Bangkok this Sat. We're hoping that Thai Airways will re-route us too. Have you heard any news?

Landfall38
1st December 2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, we are!

We were due to fly last Saturday Nov 29 Vancouver-->Tokyo-->Bangkok-->KTM

After no help from Japan Airlines :mad: (YVR-->Bangkok), we acted last Thursday and changed all our bookings to fly Dec 2 via Singapore, bypassing Thailand altogether both ways (unfortunately, as we love our usual stopover on the beach in Thailand on our return after trekking). All this at a cost: more $ and lost 3 days (no thanks to Japan Airlines -- no free re-routing and no refund if we cancel).

(Thai Air has been hit the hardest yet they offered full refund.)

We're lucky, we leave tomorrow morning for Nepal :)
We made the right choice -- If you have a flight via Bangkok over the next week to 10 days, I would act to re-route.

Good luck.

RRainey
2nd December 2008, 05:02 AM
It looks like I have a ticket on Cathay Pacific. I am going to have to stay three days longer, so I may use two of the days as extra trek days.

I am going to post separatly, a new thread on what to do with the "extra days" RR

Suginami
2nd December 2008, 01:26 PM
I am really sorry for you guys. Thats a nightmare. Glad you got your refund. I am waiting to hear who much they will cut the surcharge for my flights via Hong Kong on Jan 4.

Good luck