PDA

View Full Version : Everest High Passes

himali
15th October 2004, 01:37 PM
Hi Namaste :) every body!
Below i would like to describe the some of our experience we had from sept 20th to 12th oct.We did in three week time a entire khumbu circuit.We climbed mera peak and crossed six passes.
20 sept:fly to Lukla,trek to Chutang(3500m).
21 sept:trek to Kharke tang(4000m).
22 sept:trek to Chetra crossing Zawatra La Pass 4900m.
in three days period to reach such high altitude was quite risky but entire group managed easily with out any thing happen.
on 22 sept we realized that we had forgot some rope in Lukla,group left toward chetra and two guy Me Raju Thapa and Tenji Sherpa went back to Lukla to get rope planing to return same day to chetra,our effort was hard to get and reached to just below pass 4800m at 8 pm.being hungry and thirsty,sweated we have loosed our all power and not able to walk any more me and Tenji decided to sleep on bare trail with out tent getting in to the sleeping Bag.In the night,sleeping bag got all wet. We did not have fear next day an early morning we went towards chetra an elevation of 3400m where our camping group were waiting.
sept 23rd:we trek to kothey via mighty wet forest and wild trail where we met some maoist.They demanded some donation from our group.
sept 24th:we trek to Thangnang via beautiful pasture valley.
Sept 25th:we spent a day in Thangnang.
Sept 26th: Khare.
Sept 27th:we crossed the Mera La 5415m,Camp at Base Camp 5200m.
Sept 28th: We trek to High Camp 5900m of Mera.
Sept 29th:Summit mera successfully 8 Australian Guuys,me Raju Thapa,Tenji Sherpa,Peme Sherpa return to Chomolama Base Camp at 5200m.
Sept 30:Trek to Panch Pokhari,a beautiful high glacial Lakes in the Glacier 5200m.
Oct 01:Trek to Amphulapch Base Camp 5400m.
Oct 02:Amphulapcha Pass 5800m a deadly pass while crossing.We were 70 peoples including 17 peoples of trekking company crossed the pass using 300 mtrs rope.We trek to Chukung on same day.
Oct 3rd:we made rest in Chukung on auspecious of victory.
Oct 4th:We crossed Kongmala Pass 5535 m to Lobuche.
Oct 5th:We trek to Kalapattar and Everest Base Camp.
Oct 6th:We trek to Dzongla near by chola Pass.
Oct 7th:We trek to Gokyo crossing Chola Pass 5335m.
Oct 8th:We explored the Gokyo.
Oct 9th:We trek to Thame Crossing Renjo Pass 5340m.It is the best view point to see the Everest and Lhotse.
Oct 10th:Thame to Phakiding .
Oct 11:Thame to Lukla.
Oct 12:fly to Kathmandu.

We did six passes and climbed Mera Peak in 21 days.
Raju Thapa,Mikhail Feigin,Roman Gudkov,Arkadi,
Australia
Explore Tibet and Nepal Trekking Pvt.Ltd.
www.nepaltravels.com

Unregistered
24th May 2005, 09:24 PM
If you want to get in guinnes book, make 5 marathons in one day in Ausi !
and buy a Nepal- Himalj book, you have the same !
Have you evr seen that Nepal have people,Valleys and Mountains ??
Fauna, flora, rivers, lakes ?
Think about your next goals !!
To make 5000 m in 4 days is not risky !!!
Its simply stupid and deathly !!!
Frank

Below i would like to describe the some of our experience we had from sept 20th to 12th oct.We did in three week time a entire khumbu circuit.We climbed mera peak and crossed six passes.
in three days period to reach such high altitude was quite risky but entire group managed easily with out any thing happen.
on 22 sept we realized that we had forgot some rope in Lukla,group left toward chetra and two guy Me Raju Thapa and Tenji Sherpa went back to Lukla to get rope planing to return same day to chetra,our effort was hard to get and reached to just below pass 4800m at 8 pm.being hungry and thirsty,sweated we have loosed our all power and not able to walk any more me and Tenji decided to sleep on bare trail with out tent getting in to the sleeping Bag.In the night,sleeping bag got all wet. We did not have fear next day an early morning we went towards chetra an elevation of 3400m where our camping group were waiting.
sept 23rd:we trek to kothey via mighty wet forest and wild trail where we met some maoist.They demanded some donation from our group.
Sept 29th:Summit mera successfully 8 Australian Guuys,me Raju Thapa,Tenji Sherpa,Peme Sherpa return to Chomolama Base Camp at 5200m.
Sept 30:Trek to Panch Pokhari,a beautiful high glacial Lakes in the Glacier 5200m.
Oct 02:Amphulapcha Pass 5800m a deadly pass while crossing.We were 70 peoples including 17 peoples of trekking company crossed the pass using 300 mtrs rope.We trek to Chukung on same day.
Oct 9th:We trek to Thame Crossing Renjo Pass 5340m.It is the best view point to see the Everest and Lhotse.

Australia
www.nepaltravels.com

sundar
11th September 2005, 07:29 PM
ABOUT AMMAR RAJ GUNI

Namaste! Friendlier welcome to Nepal.
I am a licensed holder Goverment Guide. I have been working as a trekking and tour guide for long years. It has been 8(eight) years walking on the mountains of Nepal and guiding the tourists indepedently. I am from the beautiful village Sunkhani, Nuwakot District, It lies on 13 km north face from the Kathmandu valley where schools and hospitals are only accessible by walking long distance. I have completed my Bachelor's degree and now studying Master's degree on 'Tourism Management'. I know very well about Trekking and Tours and also knowledge about the Trekking and Tour Management independently.I am intimately familiar with all local castes and customs along the trails and will share with you many cultural insights that are not covered in any Guide book.I have an extra talents which you can't find from the other Guide.I am really interested on Tibetean Buddism Culture. You may even learn many Nepali words from me. I speak English and German language as well. So that when you return from your Trekking & Tours you'll have gained knowledge and unique experiences about enchanting Nepal and its' friendly people. Rich hospitality awaits you.

I am very sensitive Guide about the nature care. Most of the time, I have dedicated myself to the 'Social Welfare Organization' as a volunter that provides a quality education, books, sports, foods, shelter and clothing to the poor, economically backward and disabled children and also for the street children in Kathmandu. I have successfully climbed the mountain upto 6000m and I have enough knowledge about the altitude sickness.

In leisure time, I like to write articles about tourism and about the poor children. Recently, I have published two guidebooks - "MUSTANG The Land of Hidden Valley" and "Attractions in Kathmandu and its Successful Management" Also, I am working on the guidebook on Manang District and its Culture.

http://www.sundarnepal.com

CONTACT ME

Ammar Raj Guni
Mobile no:-00977-9841249988
P.O. Box: 8974 CPC No. 378
Kathmandu , Nepal
E-mail: yourfriendlyguide@yahoo.com
ammarguni@hotmail.com

kiwigirl
10th October 2008, 05:09 PM
What was cho la pass like?:)

Australia
www.nepaltravels.com

Escher
10th October 2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.trekinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3557&highlight=pass

sanjib adhikari
11th October 2008, 09:33 AM
About me: Independent trekking guide in nepal My name is sanjib
adhikari. I am a register trekking guide in the Nepalese Himalaya.
After working several years as a porter, and becoming fluent in
English and Chinese languages, I became a guide in 2001. I have spent
the past 7 years as a professional trekking guide, .I have been
working 6 years in severl companey but now I am currently working as
an independent guide.

During the last 7 years, I have become very familiar with many
Trekking Destination, including The Everest, Annapurna and Langtang
Regions, As well as Mustang, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Helambu. I am
very knowledgeable about local flora and fauna, cultural history and
environmental issues in the areas where I trek. For Trekkers hoping to
climb high passes and peaks, I can accommodate this challenging and
rewarding adventure. My experience includes mera peak, island peak,
kalapathar, gokyo peak, tseryo ri and I have led expeditions across
many high passes in Nepal, Larkye pass, Ampulapcha Pass, Chola pass,
Renjula pass, Tashilapcha pass, Ganjala pass, thorong pass, Tilicho
pass, (Mesokantola pass)

There are many types of treks in Nepal, ranging from relaxed easy
trekking where you can experience Nepalese Culture and Village life to
tea-house trekking in popular regions, to unique treks into areas of
Nepal that are off the beaten track and seldom visited by foreigners.
All treks offer spectacular scenery and a viewpoint into Nepali
culture. I can tailor our treks to meet your wishes.
My clients have been very pleased with my professional guiding
services, and you may read some of their comments. i can offer you a
unique and challenging experience of a lifetime! Please contact me at
the email address listed below if you have questions or would like
discuss a possible trek! I will look forward to hearing from you!

Thank Your,
Independent Trekking Guide in Nepal
Email: sanjibac@gmail.com.com
sanjib-adhikari@hotmail.com