PDA

View Full Version : Ryan

Friendship guide in Nepal
4th October 2004, 03:48 PM
Hey folks,

Just got back from an awesome time in the Everest region! It was an excellent trek mainly due to the guide I hired, Pasang Dendi Sherpa. He has experience in trekking all over Nepal as well as peak climbing, and more than his knowledge - he is friendly and good company.

I have sent his photo and details to this site -so hopefully it will be up soon. But I thought I would just mention him to this board. He used to work for a company and has been through all the govt. training, but is now an independent guide - which allows for far better treatment of the customer - as I experienced all the way to EBC and back. He also has many lodge/teahouse contacts as well as friends in the transport business - which makes travel all the more pleasurable and affordable!

He speaks 4 languages (Nepali, Tibetan, Sherpa and English) so it is also handy having him around the hills and the city.

You can reach him on pasang_dendi@hotmail.com or you can get in contact with me for further enquiries: ryan@chemeng.uct.ac.za

Happy trekking and regards,

Ryan