PDA

View Full Version : Great agency

KhadOz
20th October 2008, 09:52 AM
Hi,

I would to recommend Adventure Geo Trek for any trek in Nepal.

We trekked with them in March this year and had an absolute blast.

We trekked with Ganesh as a guide and Rampasan as a porter and I could not recomment them highly enough.

Niru and his son did a fantastic job while in Kathmandu and Ganesh taught us so much about Nepal and its culture.

I would be happy to answer any question about the trek or the agency.

http://www.adventuregeotreks.com

Cheers,
Khad

kiwigirl
20th October 2008, 02:46 PM
would you be able to ask them to answer this thread for us?

Road to Somdang
Does anyone know what the road is like from Dunche to Somdang, at foot of Ganesh Himal?

Is the road motorable by cars or jeeps or is it in bad shape?

Is there any sort of public transport going there? Anyone hired a jeep or similar to get there from KTM?

Also, is there any accomodation there?

I'm not sure of the correct spelling for Somdang, it's spelt differently in different places, sorry if I got it wrong!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

I would to recommend Adventure Geo Trek for any trek in Nepal.

We trekked with them in March this year and had an absolute blast.

We trekked with Ganesh as a guide and Rampasan as a porter and I could not recomment them highly enough.

Niru and his son did a fantastic job while in Kathmandu and Ganesh taught us so much about Nepal and its culture.

I would be happy to answer any question about the trek or the agency.

Cheers,
Khad

KhadOz
21st October 2008, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I have emailed Niru and posted his answer below.
Again, I recommend Niru and Adventure Geo Treks for your trekking in Nepal.
Niru, his family and his guides are wonderful persons and are very knowledgeable. I would not go out of my way to recommend them if they had not made our trip to Nepal a unforgettable experience.

niru@wlink.com.np

Cheers,
Khad

"Road to Somdang
Does anyone know what the road is like from Dunche to Somdang, at foot of Ganesh Himal?
The road from Dhunche to Shaybrubeshi is suitable for local transport also but above Shaybrubeshi the road is quite rough but if one hires a private jeep then the jeep can go upto there (Somdang).

Is the road motorable by cars or jeeps or is it in bad shape?
The road is quite rough for a car but landcrusier jeeps can go on that road.
Is there any sort of public transport going there? Anyone hired a jeep or similar to get there from KTM?
Sometimes if there is chance then it might be possible to find some jeeps from Shyabrubeshi to Somdang also otherwise we can take a jeep from Kathmandu to Somdang.

Also, is there any accommodation there?
Above Shyabrubeshi there are no accomodation available, one will have to camp there.

I'm not sure of the correct spelling for Somdang, it's spelt differently in different places, sorry if I got it wrong!"
The spelling for Somdang seems correct according to our map here also.

Boulia
21st October 2008, 01:36 PM
I use Niru's agency too. I guess he is getting a few Aussies now as he mainly relies on word of mouth for recommendations. I am like most of us who develop relationships of trust and friendship with individual guides or agencies, we can't find enough words to compliment them. i will trek with Niru's group again this weekend so will see him Thursday and will also ask him if he would respond to questions raised here where he feels he has expert knowledge.