PDA

View Full Version : Abc

Iva
2nd August 2004, 01:30 PM
Hi to all,
I'm planning to trekk in Nepal in the midle of September, around 15 - 27th September. My plan was to go to teh Annapurna Base camp and Langtang area.....I was planning to hire a guide. If somebody is interesting to do the same, feel free to contact me....... :) I'm a climber and I have a trekking experience.
bye,
Iva

MountainChild
3rd August 2004, 09:46 PM
Hi -

I'm 25 male from USA. I will be in Nepal somewhere around Sept 21 - Oct 12. I am interested in trekking the AC, or some of the shorter treks near Annapurna !

I will be travelling solo from India, and looking for several people to trek with ! I'm not sure if I will head to Kathmandu first, or just go straight to Pokhara ?

I'm considering hiring a guide, or local trekking companion in order to minimize the risk of hostile encounters with Maoists. (speaking of which... does anyone have any new developments regarding this ongoing conflict?)

let me know if you're interested in a similar itinerary ?

Iva
4th August 2004, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I'm interesting, I have the same plan as you, to hire a guide and I'm trying to contact anyone who is there at that time.
But at the time you arrive I'll be already somwhere on trek.
It will be interesting to meet some new people with same interest and safer then trek alone anyway!
Feel free to contact me!! :)
I'm 28 female from Croatia.

Atsuko
5th August 2004, 12:50 PM
Hello Iva,
My name is Atsuko, 28 year old female from Japan. I will be trekking from 15 - 20 September, just around the time you will be there, so I wonder if my itenerary would interest you.
Starting from Kathmandu on the 15 September, I will be going up to Gosainkund, then coming back down the same route to Kathmandu by the 20th. (hate to come down the same route, but with my limited time, it was necessary...)
I have already made an arrangement to hire a female guide to trek with through a Nepali trekking agent. So, if you may be interested in any part of my trip, let me know!
Gosainkund is not exactly in the Langtang valley, but quite in the same area with a magnificent holly lake! worth considering

yamseng
6th August 2004, 09:21 AM
Atsuko, have you considered continuing from Gosaikund to Syabru Bensi (additional 3 days) and catching bus back from there to Kathmandu. This will save you having to backtrack. You might like to have a look at Yeti Zone for a trek description. Cheers, Ed

http://www.yetizone.com/Langtang/Trek/langtang_trek.shtml

Iva
6th August 2004, 12:58 PM
Dear Atsuko!

Thanks for you e-mail and for contact!!!
I have also already find a guide and decided to meet with him while I'm in KTM to decide which trekk to take. But anyway I could consider your proposal and let you know!
If you whish, as you are in the KTM the same time as I am we could meet and know each other, what do you think?
Let me know! :)
Keep in touch!
iva

Atsuko
8th August 2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Ed, for your advice. Unfortunately, I just could not spare additional 3days (I don't have much vacation + must go back to work!)

Iva, I would love to meet you in Kathmandu, it would be reallly nice! And I hope you will consider going to Gosainkund with me as well, maybe you could even try continuing down to Syabru bensi as Ed suggested since you have more time. Well, let me know what you decide on, and let's keep in touch! Looking forawrd to meeting you in Kathmandu!

Atsuko

Iva
9th August 2004, 12:49 PM
Hi Atsuko! :)

I'm also looking forward to meeting you in Kathmandu! It will be great!
I was thinking to join you for a trek, and then continue to Annapurna as I have time. I've also already hire a guide for Annapurna, and if it is not a problem for you and I decide that I could join you, he could go with me also?
I don't mind that you also already have a guide, the more we are the better.

I've booked my room in the hotel ThorongPeak in Thamel, they will pick me up at the airport. I'am arriving to KTM on 11th September at 07:50 a.m.

You can write me at: ivasverko@yahoo.com

Hope te hera from you soon!
Keep in touch!

Iva

yamseng
10th August 2004, 09:20 AM
Dear Atsuko, I thought you were planning to walk from Sundarijal (near Boudnath) on the Helambu Trek to Gosaikund and back in which case 5 days sounds like a pretty superhuman effort. Maybe I am under-estimating you ladies! Are you planning to catch the bus from Kth to start your trek from Dhunche or perhaps Syabrubesi? Even then, it takes 10 hrs from Kth to Syabrubesi by bus so you need to allow 2 days for bus travel leaving 5 days to get to Gosaikund and back. LP Guide indicated 3 days (maybe based on a slow walk) from Dhunche to the first of the Lakes. Just curiuos because I am also planning to visit Gosaikund starting from Sundarijal and exit at Syabrubesi. This is after my trek in Solu Khumbu. Good luck anyhow, Ed.

Trek guide
16th August 2004, 09:29 AM
Hi! Mountin Child,

This is writing you from Nepal by Trek guide. I have provided services for the USA clients since 7 years. I am a Govt. (ministry of Tourism) training guide. If you do not believe me, I can give you references that USA clients hire me before.

If you are looking forward to hire a guide for the Annapurna circuit and Base camp, please I can help you. I have done this trek as a guide more than 25 times.

Please contact me through Hotmail: norsang20@hotmail.com to know further more about trekking in Nepal and about me.

I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as.
Keep in touch,
Best regards,
Norsang
Kathmandu

Hi -

I'm 25 male from USA. I will be in Nepal somewhere around Sept 21 - Oct 12. I am interested in trekking the AC, or some of the shorter treks near Annapurna !

I will be travelling solo from India, and looking for several people to trek with ! I'm not sure if I will head to Kathmandu first, or just go straight to Pokhara ?

I'm considering hiring a guide, or local trekking companion in order to minimize the risk of hostile encounters with Maoists. (speaking of which... does anyone have any new developments regarding this ongoing conflict?)

Atsuko
16th August 2004, 08:38 PM
Dear Ed,
Sorry I couldn't reply to your message sooner. From Kathmandu, I will take the bus to Dhunche. That's it for the first day, since it will take about 8-9 hours. On the day 2, I will take a 5 hour walk to Sing Gompa. On the day 3, I will go from Sing Gompa to Lauri Bina, then from there to Gosainkund on the Day 4. Day 5, I will already on my way back; from Gosainkund to Dhunche, then I will catch a bus back to Kathmandu on the next morning. It may be a slow trek, which I actually prefar, because you'll never know that things go so smoothly in Nepal!
Well, hope you'll enjoy your Gosainkund trek too!
Atsuko

Iva
24th August 2004, 12:31 PM
Hi to all,

if anyone is wondering to go or not to go to Nepal at the moment, maybe this could be helpfull.
The tourist buses are running normally, also from KTM to Pokhara, maybe slowelly but they are running. Also the Pokhara is peacefull. I've spoke with the owner of the Nirvana hotel in Pokhara. :)
Bye,
Iva

Pashupati Pandey
28th August 2004, 12:16 PM
Dear Sir/Madam
Namaste!

We are the bassed requipment company running in Nepal since 12 years. please do contact with me for your trip in resonable price with saftey trekking is not only walking on the mountains it includes to get knowledge about history religion and culture of the places where you travel or trek culture and religion of the local people where you go for trekking.
If you are planning a trek in Non touristic area in Nepal would like to request to give a chance to offer you my services.
please do contact with in this Address:- skyline@enet.com.np
please visit our Website to know more about Nepal:-www.nepaltravels.biz

With best Regards
Pashupati Pandey
Skyline Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd.
Gpo box No: 14221
Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel No: 00977-1-4356682
Fax No: 00977-1-4353669
Email: skyline@enet.com.np
www.skylinetreks.com
www.visitnepal.com/skyline
www.trekinfo.biz

Hi -

Unregistered
4th September 2004, 06:07 PM
Hi Iva, i am ariving in kathmandu on the 11 sept and am looking for treking companions, i am up for doing anything that looks interesting and i have plenty of time. My email is dtwort@yahoo.com if you want to get in contact.

Iva
7th September 2004, 12:26 PM
:( :( Dear all,
my trip is cancelled by air company, they cancelled the ticket.......and everything was prepared.... :(

Oli
7th September 2004, 04:26 PM
That is bad news Iva. Which airline is that? If *they* cancelled then they are probably obliged to try to fly you with another airline or give you a full refund (possibly with extra expenses)

Iva
9th September 2004, 01:21 PM
for me it is too late..... :(
but here are information about people who helped me to organize my trip, informed me about everything and were very kind and friendly with me!! :)
I recommend them with all my heart! :D

ThorongPeak Guest House P. Tel No 4253458.
Som Gurung.
(Managing Director)
TRADITIONAL TREKS & EXPEDITION PVT. LTD
PO. BOX 6003, THAMEL, KATHMANDU,NEPAL.
TEL : 00977 1 4258589,
FAX : 00977-1 4266534
EMAIL : traditional@wlink.com.np
Web Site : www.traditional-treks.com

2. My guide: Mr. Chheduk Man, www.trekkingnepal.net
e-mail: cmlama2001@hotmail.com

3. Hotel Nirvana in POkhara, Mrs. Ailsa
e-mail: nirvana@cnet.wlink.com.np