PDA

View Full Version : yakshaver recomends Santaman & his crew as guide/porter-guides: santamn@hotmail.com

yakshaver
27th September 2008, 01:17 PM
Having trekked with Santaman or someone from his excellent crew or guides and porter-guides in eight of my nine treks, I warmly recommend them.

Santa and his excellent crew of independent guides and porter-guides. Santaman, Rame, Ram, Rescham, Shera, Ram are all active guides and porter guides. When you contact them, you speak with someone who's actually doing treks, not just someone sitting in an office. Which sometimes means you have to wait for a reply until they get back form some trek, so you need to factor that in.
Being very good, they tend to be quite busy in season, but will do their best to accomodate.

Very professional, they are also very nice people. Good communicators but not intrusive.

You can email Santaman at
santamn@hotmail.com

They have also got a new website:
http://www.nepaltrekguide.com/

leephee
13th November 2008, 05:43 PM
Just recently experienced (early October 2008) a fantastic trek to ABC with Santaman and crew: Rame, Shasi, Shaym, Santaman, Dev and Rajin (swapped guides and porters halfway with another group for logistical reasons). All of the team were incredibly professional, organised, easy going, flexible, knowledgeable and great company to boot! Santaman's and Rame's love for their country was really evident too. Yet another recommendation for this company.

Lee, Terri and Jac (Sydney)

yakshaver
27th February 2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks Lee, Terri, Jac.
Glad you had a great time. When you have a bit of time please share some more info, and maybe some pics.

Cheers

leephee
6th April 2009, 05:49 PM
Didn't keep a diary so can't give a detailed account of our trip - suffice to say we had a great time, each day different and stunning, even those beset by leeches and rain!

I dare not post any photos on line given the incredible level of photography on this forum - my photos are just like Escher's recent posts (ha!)- except in a different area and slightly more fuzzy and slipshod!

Now saving for another trek and a better camera...

yakshaver
17th April 2009, 03:51 AM
Doesn't matter, my pics are not that crash-hot either, but I still share them now and then... People on this forum usually love to see pics of places they are obsessed about. (Perhaps obsession is to mild a description for some of us...)

Would love to see some. I believe there is a pics sticky section in the News and Views from Trekkers section.